The brilliant (IMHO) Lidl saddles are back.

falmouthtony

Esteemed Pedelecer
On sale from Thursday at a ridiculous £7.99.
Personally I have always found the middle width one of the three..think it's the trekking..to be by far the most comfortable. Got one on all my bikes..and a spare.
I know I wasn't alone on the forum when they last came up in finding them really comfortable.

Benjahmin

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 10, 2014
West Wales
+ 1, far better than the saddle that came with the Carrera. Saddles are such an individual thing, but at that price it's wirth a punt.

spanos

Pedelecer
Feb 18, 2011
They're OK for you softies. I prefer half a razor-blade welded to the seat pin.

Great pic !

I shall be buying one to try . Not that happy with my current one

Also 5 pairs of glasses (tenner in total) . Great value and I lose them or break them so these are ideal commuting items

I’m on my last pair from last cycling week at Lidl

rower

Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2018
Berks and Bucks

spanos

Pedelecer
Feb 18, 2011
By way of update I bought one to try

Like the look in the shop, seemed good quality for the money

Comfort , hmm very middley for me. But such a personal thing

My main issue as a commuter is the memory foam topper part seems to act like a sponge and holds water against your bum instead of running away . This soaks through with ease . In fact through two pairs of overtriusers in about 8minutes.

Never experienced anything like it !

Arrived at work with wettest trousers in 9 years commuting .

First fail on anything I’ve ever bought from Lidl for cycling

• :D
Reactions: Rosie24

Trevormonty

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 18, 2016
NZ
I'm looking for trekking saddle, Selle Royal Respiro Moderate has good reviews, anybody else had experience with this saddle.

Also considering Brooks but very expensive.

Reactions: Mark *

Hightechpete

Pedelecer
Jan 20, 2018
west Wales
Popped in to buy a saddle, came out with a saddle, chain scrubber, dry lube and a service stand which is well designed and sturdy enough for an ebike.
I would recommend one to anyone who does they're own maintenance.

Mark *

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 14, 2021
I'm looking for trekking saddle, Selle Royal Respiro Moderate has good reviews, anybody else had experience with this saddle.

Also considering Brooks but very expensive.
For me its not the price its the comfort, have you had any more thoughts about the brooks saddle? and which one

Gringo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2013
Northampton
For me its not the price its the comfort, have you had any more thoughts about the brooks saddle? and which one
3 1/2 year old thread and Trevormonty Was Last on the forum Mar 13, 2019 !
all posts are dated :rolleyes: and a click on the posters avatar will tell you how prolific they are and when they last posted.

Bikes4two

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 21, 2020
Havant
I own and use regularly 3 Brooks B17 on my bikes (one tourer, one audax, one tandem).

I bought all of them second hand (or should that be second ars*d?) and in all cases I've found them comfortable.

The one on the tandem is a B17S, supposedly more suited to the female form but I found is as equally comfortable as the other two

The one on the tourer is a tan one and has done many thousands of miles in the 10 years I've owned it and now the rivets are a bit loose and proud of the leather. I need to either replace the rivets or get another saddle. In fact I have this very evening been looking at their cost -oooh!

As you probably know, saddles are as different as the derrieres that sit on them - this is why I bought used one in anticipation that I might not like the saddle and would have to sell it on - but I didn't and love them all :cool: .