The wind, it doth blow

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
Mightily. Currently around 50 mph, tomorrow about 60 mph. (But knowing the forecasts, could easily be up or down at least 10 mph.)

What wind speed do you duck out of cycling? I really noticed it this evening - definitely harder going and pushing sideways. I'm well aware of issues like falling trees, flying slates, and so on. So I am posting very much with the cycling-specific issues in mind.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
I stay off the coastal road when it blows and off the main road when branches start falling on it. The trike is a wonderful tool for riding in the wind compared to an upright.

Reactions: oyster

Gaz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 14, 2016
Eastbourne
I work on the principle if it's a hard headwind riding to work, it's gonna be great riding home (hopefully) ! :D

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
It was blowing now it's raining which is bitterly cold.
Was planning on a cold windy ride to the S/downs this morning but wife changed that with helping her at her grannies with rad removal and decorating.

Batteries and mtb now all primed for tomorrow now still, going to be fricking cold and a windy 50/60 miler. Hey ho :).

oyster

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 7, 2017
West West Wales
It was blowing now it's raining which is bitterly cold.
Was planning on a cold windy ride to the S/downs this morning but wife changed that with helping her at her grannies with rad removal and decorating.

Batteries and mtb now all primed for tomorrow now still, going to be fricking cold and a windy 50/60 miler. Hey ho :).
I was caught in very cold and heavy rain on the way home last night. Wouldn't have been so bad, but it was pretty dry as I started cycling, so had not bothered putting on the waterproofs...

Advertisers