There are so many to choose from - help

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Regrettably not this time, RB. The exchange rate does not help at the moment.
We have been busy on improving the mechanical bike. You'll see hydraulic brakes on all the new models, better suspension forks, better pedals and cranksets etc.

Perseus

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 15, 2015
the Volt Pulse reminds me of the Woosh Sirocco2.
Perseus, how soon do you want to make the purchase? I ask the question because we are going to introduce a good looking MTB with excellent specs at the end of next month (January 17).
Not in a great hurry. I retire on 6 March 2017 and because of a knee problem, I expect a purchase will be essential around then.

I've got to sort out the retirement finances and future dental bills. Sort of limbo. I only needed the Cyclamatic to last a few more months. Back to pedalling again.

Last edited:

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
thank you Perseus for coming back to me with the info. I am hoping that you would find the new Rio MTB, when it arrives, interesting enough to add to your shortlist.

Perseus

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 15, 2015
thank you Perseus for coming back to me with the info. I am hoping that you would find the new Rio MTB, when it arrives, interesting enough to add to your shortlist.
Volt has been taken off the shortlist so I'm still not got a shortlist in effect.

Q: I would like to use a handlebar on my bike (for my camera). Is this possible w/o interfering with the brakes and possibly the electrics?

Only other adaptations would be the rear pannier bags. I expect the panniers to be capable of holding 15 kg occasionally without a hint of problems.

Personally, if the battery had a dual use as a low capacity leisure battery would be advantageous for me.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
The handlebar on the Rio MTB is uncluttered, you can fix a GoPro to it.
The rear rack is not fitted as standard, only mudguards are fitted.

• Informative
Reactions: damian and Perseus

Andy88

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 6, 2016
Ayrshire
Does the frame have the studs to accommodate a rack?

If a frame doesn't have pre fitted studs can a pannier rack still be attached?

Perseus

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 15, 2015
The handlebar on the Rio MTB is uncluttered, you can fix a GoPro to it.
The rear rack is not fitted as standard, only mudguards are fitted.

I wasn't actually thinking of a Go-Pro. Thinking of a proper small camera bag clipped on the front, so I stop and whip a camera out of the bag.

NB: My current camera bag is an Ibera which does not fit very well and is not recommended. https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&rlz=1C1GGGE___GB576GB576&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=camera+handlebar+bags+for+bicycles&tbm=shop

Uncluttered handlebars are useful. Most of my pedal bikes are cluttered up with bell and lights.

Andy88

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 6, 2016
Ayrshire

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
if your bag uses their clip system, you should be OK.

Perseus

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 15, 2015
Any particular bag? Or are all bags the same fitting?
Ibera is not a clip fitting. Camera is quite heavy in bag and bag will slip down if the attachment method is less than ideal. A small rack would be better as it would be quicker to get the camera out.

Beach Thorncombe

Pedelecer
Dec 15, 2016
United Kingdom
"check out the Big Bear, possibly the most popular bike on the forum."

Um. Forgive my ignorance but, in all my years of perusing ebike related media, online and off, I have never, ever even heard of a bike called Big Bear and, similarly, never ever noticed the name, (or the machine), turn up on these very pages so ...

On what grounds, under what qualification, (or by who's reference point), does that particular product earn the alleged title of being "possibly the most popular bike on the forum"?

Was it voted so in some online Pedelec pole? Was it an accolade earned "in the trade".

Is it the most ordered purchase on here ... or online?

Please explain to me why or how that sentence could possibly be substantiated.

If it was the "most popular" ... Cool ... but how was that alleged popularity proved, verified or endorsed by the forum?

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Hello Beach, that comment from trex (who has now left the forum) could be justified. The Big Bear has been reviewed more times on this forum in the last 3 years than any other bike I can recall.
The Big Bear in the picture is the latest 2017 revision, they are now in stock. I will up date the website in the next few days,

don't worry about your weight. Woosh sell mainly to people who are traditionally built. If you need a better puller, check out the Big Bear, possibly the most popular bike on the forum.

Big Bear:

http://wooshbikes.co.uk/?bigbear

Andy88

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 6, 2016
Ayrshire
Interestingly google search query throw up very few brands or models but foldable and mtb look tops.