There are so many to choose from - help

Beach Thorncombe

Pedelecer
Dec 15, 2016
United Kingdom
Hello Beach, that comment from trex (who has now left the forum) could be justified. The Big Bear has been reviewed more times on this forum in the last 3 years than any other bike I can recall.
The Big Bear in the picture is the latest 2017 revision, they are now in stock. I will up date the website in the next few days,
Thanks for the swift response, Woosh. :)

I confess, it does look like a beautiful, robust machine and at a price point that looks very, very attractive when compared to one particular ebike ad I see all over the tv, glossy mags and online media! (That machine is a full 10kg lighter but its range potential is, apparently, only half what your machine can offer).

I won't be cruel enough to mention its name ...

I'm no 'plant' set up to praise your Big Bear, (and I'm sure by doing some homework online I'd find comparable ebikes offering similar features), but yes, I can see why the Big Bear would get promising, positive reviews.

26kg and a range of up to 50 - 60 miles?

Your answer, (and your machine), serves to positively address the questions I posed!

Nice bike! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Woosh

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Thank you Beach. The main drawback of the Bafang BPM motor on the Big Bear is its weight, 4.5kg before you add the rim and the spokes. The other blessing and also a curse is its big torque. It can be brutal on throttle. So much so that we need to add suspension to prevent it from breaking the spokes. We tend therefore to use the smaller and lighter Bafang sibling, the SWX02 motor wherever the maximum torque is not absolutely required.

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
The big bear has been the go to budget buy recommendation for the fuller figure for a few years. Other bikes are better but not as cheap rough tough and supported. Woosh have known there market and provided what they want for the price.

Beach Thorncombe

Pedelecer
Dec 15, 2016
United Kingdom
Hi Woosh,

I've read a few reviews and additional posts and comments on the Big Bear since my last post and am liking what I read regarding its hill climbing ability.

As you are probably aware, coastal West Dorset is very rural ... and hilly ... hence I have, myself, added several Powabyke Euros to my stable of ebikes. (Good, though older, machines with great torque).

I like the sound of the unbridled Bafang BPM motor though, following your comments, understand why you tend to use the lighter Bafang sibling.

Thanks for the feedback. I may try to get my hands on one of your machines one of these days.

Sorry for the diversion. O.P. :)

Beach Thorncombe

Pedelecer
Dec 15, 2016
United Kingdom
The big bear has been the go to budget buy recommendation for the fuller figure for a few years. Other bikes are better but not as cheap rough tough and supported. Woosh have known there market and provided what they want for the price.
Thanks for that, D8ve ... though I don't have a fuller figure! :)

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol