Thinking of selling my bike.....

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
Reactions: soundwave

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
It's become considerably heavier and still have to fashion a way to fit the fly6 on the back, but quite pleased so far. Test ride later.. now I have decent tyres on a ride on the canal side will be a bonus if it's not too bumpy.

Izzyekerslike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 3, 2015
Leeds, West Yorkshire
It's become considerably heavier and still have to fashion a way to fit the fly6 on the back, but quite pleased so far. Test ride later.. now I have decent tyres on a ride on the canal side will be a bonus if it's not too bumpy.
Don't you think that a suspension seat post would be a valuable addition?

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
Don't you think that a suspension seat post would be a valuable addition?
Well, yes and no! At present I am recycling all my 2 bike bits on to one bike and at the rear end I need the rear facing radar, fly6 camera and an extra light. So with the cam mounted on the seat post it focuses on the panniers so cars are a bit blurred and the radar needs to be up bear the saddle or it doesn't work. Cam is design to fit a sloping seatpost only so looking at options at the mo..

Izzyekerslike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 3, 2015
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Well, yes and no! At present I am recycling all my 2 bike bits on to one bike and at the rear end I need the rear facing radar, fly6 camera and an extra light. So with the cam mounted on the seat post it focuses on the panniers so cars are a bit blurred and the radar needs to be up bear the saddle or it doesn't work. Cam is design to fit a sloping seatpost only so looking at options at the mo..
It maybe still a possibility as it's only the top 2" that moves.
Quite a shopping list you have there.

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
It maybe still a possibility as it's only the top 2" that moves.
Quite a shopping list you have there.
I have most of what i need. Just recycling them. Cycliq don't make a rack bracket so I had one 3d printed .. but the new fly 6 is different (old one stolen) and I don't know how it will take modifications... have bodged for now while I try drilling the old one.
Do you have a link for the seat post you bought?

Izzyekerslike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 3, 2015
Leeds, West Yorkshire
It seems that the price has gone up by £20 since I bought it.
It takes the harshness out of the ride and if your not happy with it Wiggle refunds with no problems.Screenshot_2017-05-26-12-19-22.png

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
It seems that the price has gone up by £20 since I bought it.
It takes the harshness out of the ride and if your not happy with it Wiggle refunds with no problems.View attachment 19417
Will do some research later but if it's big money needs spending I have seen this.m
http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mobile/cane-creek-thudbuster-st-seatpost/rp-prod7386?gs=1&utm_source=google&utm_term=&utm_campaign=Chain+Reaction-UK-PLA-PLA-All-MB-SE-Shopping+QLB+Generic+Mobile&utm_medium=base&utm_content=mkwid|sQ0MOoVSQ_dm|pcrid|161811074836|pkw||pmt||prd|22632UK

Izzyekerslike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 3, 2015
Leeds, West Yorkshire
That's the one that gets the best reviews, it just that I couldn't live with the look of it. But whatever you decide I don't think you will be sorry that you bought a suspension seat post.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
That's the one that gets the best reviews, it just that I couldn't live with the look of it. But whatever you decide I don't think you will be sorry that you bought a suspension seat post.
The NCX also gets great revues which I endorse, my lower back doesn't have eyes and so it lives very well with the look of it :rolleyes:

• Agree
Reactions: D C

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
if you have a motor problem a dealer can send the motor off for warranty replacement if within the 2 years warranty.

when i broke my xd hub i just sent it back to crank brothers and got a replacement.

Related Articles

Advertisers