This guy and his Jack Russell. What should I do?

This guy purposely lets his aggressive dog get dangerously close. Should I say, or do something?

• Yes. Have a nice word with him in a calm and advisory manner.

• Yes. Express my discontent in an abrupt manner.

• Launch him.

• Launch his dog.

• Launch him and his dog.

• Let my dog eventually fend for himself.

• Ignore it until a more serious incident occurs.

Results are only viewable after voting.

LeighPing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
This gentleman, on many occasions, always allows his psycho dog to get too close to both me and my generally very well behaved dog.

Now, my dog is only well behaved to the point of self defence. Whenever he's been persistently attacked / bitten and forced to defend himself, on 4 previous occasions, the other dogs have always been left bleeding. I'd rather it didn't get to that point. But I can see that it's coming. These 2 clips are over a year apart. Any advice welcomed. Thanks. :)

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
As a cyclist I only ever complained about a dog once, a farm owned greyhound that would aggressively chase me trying to bite my ankles every time I passed. After I spoke with the farmer who calmly accepted my complaint, he shot the dog dead a few seconds later as I was leaving.

The moral is that one can never know the outcome of a complaint.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: LeighPing

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
I dont know which is worst..
Small Yappy aggressive dogs, or retractable leads.. Well actually I do.. Its big Yappy aggressive dogs.
Or, its the "Don't worry he wont bite".. "he only wants a sniff!"
Or, " he is only being friendly" and just wants to wipe his muddy paws on my clean jeans..

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
As a cyclist I only ever complained about a dog once, a farm owned greyhound that would aggressively chase me trying to bite my ankles ever time I passed. After I spoke with the farmer who calmly accepted my complaint, he shot the dog dead a few seconds later as I was leaving.

Just think, you could have complained about his missus. :eek:

LeighPing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
I was at the local sawdust saloon with my lad when a guy, sitting near a mini-skirted young lady said to him;-

"Keep looking at my girlfriend and there'll be two hits! Me, hitting you, and you hitting the floor!" :mad:

To be fair to her, she was a tasty wee morsel. :p

Before my boy could respond, and whilst you could hear a pin drop, I humorously interjected by saying;-

"Mate, don't go there please. If you hit him, there'll be eight hits.. You hitting him, him hitting you, you hitting the deck and the ambulance hitting ninety. Then you hitting A&E and, because you can no longer work, you'll have to hit the dole queue. Then your girlfriend will have to hit the streets to pay the bills. After doing that for a while, she'll probably hit the crack pipe. So just ask yourself one question punk.. Do you feel lucky!" :D

shutyourfuckingface.gif

Last edited:

Gringo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2013
Northampton
I'd like to think he would be open and concerned when you explained how he is personally responsible for what his dog dose and he could be prosecuted should it get tangled up in your spokes :eek:

In reality he is probably like many owners of little yappy dogs and can't see any fault in there dogs, if there's a problem, then it's your problem, not there's. He's likly to get all defensive and tell you to p!$$ o## :p

• Agree
Reactions: flecc and LeighPing

mike killay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 17, 2011
Back to the dogs.
I think that if you do complain to him, he will point out that you do not have your dog on a lead.

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
Back to the dogs.
I think that if you do complain to him, he will point out that you do not have your dog on a lead.
Sorry to have to agree here.. it's difficult to criticize a dog owner on their dogs behaviour when its on a lead and ones own dog, however well behaved, is running loose..
But I think you probably expected that..
I often come across a chap with a sheep dog ... he has good control but it keeps trying to round me up as I walk past.

• :D
Reactions: mike killay

LeighPing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
Back to the dogs.
Being on a lead is, unknown to many, not a requirement of the law. The legal requirement is to have 'control' of your dog. :)

I often come across a chap with a sheep dog ... he has good control but it keeps trying to round me up as I walk past.
Were you wearing a 'fleece'? :D

LeighPing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
Actually I usually am.
It's a fair point about the lead though. When leashed, he would perceive the Jack Russell's aggression as being threatening towards me and become defensive. In this video, he's taking a crap, when the big dog clearly steps up aggressively.

Off leash, he would avoid him. Leashed to my scooter, and with me being in the path of the threat, his response is automatic. Most GSD's will do that.

Shown with the other dogs at the start of the video, you can also see that if there's no threat, there's no problem.

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
I was at the local sawdust saloon with my lad when a guy, sitting near a mini-skirted young lady said to him;-

"Keep looking at my girlfriend and there'll be two hits! Me, hitting you, and you hitting the floor!" :mad:

To be fair to her, she was a tasty wee morsel. :p

Before my boy could respond, and whilst you could hear a pin drop, I humorously interjected by saying;-

"Mate, don't go there please. If you hit him, there'll be eight hits.. You hitting him, him hitting you, you hitting the deck and the ambulance hitting ninety. Then you hitting A&E and, because you can no longer work, you'll have to hit the dole queue. Then your girlfriend will have to hit the streets to pay the bills. After doing that for a while, she'll probably hit the crack pipe. So just ask yourself one question punk.. Do you feel lucky!" :D

View attachment 17588
I don't believe you, but wish it was true.

• :D
Reactions: LeighPing

LeighPing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
I don't believe you, but wish it was true.
Nor should you, when we're in jocular vein. :)

It was a banterous jest that my workmates and I were throwing around one day.. and you know how one thing leads to another. 8 hits was the most we could get to, at the time. :rolleyes:

Did the Clint gif work?

Advertisers