This guy and his Jack Russell. What should I do?

This guy purposely lets his aggressive dog get dangerously close. Should I say, or do something?

• Yes. Have a nice word with him in a calm and advisory manner.

• Yes. Express my discontent in an abrupt manner.

• Launch him.

• Launch his dog.

• Launch him and his dog.

• Let my dog eventually fend for himself.

• Ignore it until a more serious incident occurs.

Results are only viewable after voting.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

Yeah, shoot the owner! ;)

• :D
Reactions: LeighPing

Ruadh495

Pedelecer
Oct 13, 2015
Don't be too hard on the owner. This is a Jack Russell. They don't do obedience like normal dogs (more like cats) and they love provoking larger dogs. If you let your dog eat it you will get the blame (assuming he can catch it), so don't.

I had one once...

Reactions: LeighPing

LeighPing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 27, 2016
The Red Ditch
I had one once...
I've had half a dozen or so over the years and I've no problem with what they are. :)

Although, none of mine would be allowed to behave as such. A lot of it does come down to what the owner makes of them.

The problem with this guy is in the video at the 5 second point, he can be seen guiding his dog's leash towards mine. Just before the yelp where the dwarf got stomped, no doubt.

Would I really be to blame if my dog retaliated? I don't think so. When it comes to being harassed, my dog's the most laid back dog that I know. He can even be recalled from the point of retaliation, as in this video below with the pushy sheepdog. If I saw it, I wouldn't allow it. :)

Dogs will be dogs. But some owners seem to get off on the agro. :oops:

@02:10 watch how nice he is to those half a dozen shihtzus. Take no notice of me chatting up their owner. :D

Zlatan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 26, 2016
When I was a young lad had to walk up a long steep hill to get to school. Couple of days a week this old guy would struggle up hill on his moped. At the steepest section lived a great big mongrel that would charge at moped ,follow it for quite a while biting its tyres and generally causing mayhem. We thought it hilarious. Then one morning old guy on moped stopped as dog charged, put his bike on stand; grabbed the dog and stuck its tail on exhaust pipe. Dog howled ,shrieked and ran off with its burnt tail hiding its dangly bits. Old guy started moped up and calmly cycled off...he was never bothered again..

Gaz

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 14, 2016
Eastbourne
This scar is from a yellow Lab that grabbed me about 35 years ago:

We'd taken my parents English Setter pup out for a walk in the local woods, when this yellow Lab, Ben, came barrelling down the path and pinned our pup (Simon) down. My Mum yelled at the owner 'get your bloody dog off!!' but he was too far away (he lived three doors away, and was a Judge), so me being young (18), and stupid, I waded it.
The dog turned on me and grabbed my right forearm, where the scar is now, and although a 'soft jawed' breed it didn't feel that soft to me.
Unfortunately, for Ben, I was still hormonally unbalanced at 18 and a lot stronger than I am now. The path ran alongside a small stream, so I hauled it in and held it under until it had the chance to reflect on its position. It was all over in just a few seconds.
The Judge wondered what on earth I was doing to his dog. When he saw my arm he quickly back-pedalled on his vociferations.
Moral of the story 1) Fools rush in....
Moral of the story 2) If you're near water, even water dogs prefer breathing.
Ben continued to bark at everyone though his fence, except me.

Gaz

Reactions: LeighPing and flecc

Advertisers