throttle question

flik9999

Pedelecer
Dec 11, 2016
london
any idea if throttles with a red connector work with all kits that use a connector like that.

also anyone been able to mount one on drop/bull bars. Im converting my raeleigh twenty with an old cyclotricity hub and how I get the correct reach for my height is by using drop bars.

Or should I just stick to pedal sensor in the bottom bracket.

D

Deleted member 4366

Just about any throttle will work with any controller. They have three wires. You only have to connect them in the right sequence. As I already said in the other thread, even if you get the correct connector, there's no guarantee that the wires will be in the correct sequence.

Some throttles have extra wires for a switch or LED battery indicator lights. It's optional whether you use those wires. They work independently of the throttle function.

D

Deleted member 4366

I don't understand what you're saying. There are three throttle wires on the controller and three on that throttle. You only have to join them together: re to red, black to black, blue to whatever the other is.

If you don't have throttle wires on your controller, you're out. You need a new controller.

BG bicycle

Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2018
Bulgaria
Throttle wires are positive, negative and ground. As wrote certain throttles have additional two wires. If you connect positive to ground there maybe an issue. Photo tells a thousands words.

D

Deleted member 4366

Throttle wires are positive, negative and ground. As wrote certain throttles have additional two wires. If you connect positive to ground there maybe an issue. Photo tells a thousands words.
I think you mean positive, ground and signal.