To Kudos Dave - Possible North of England Venue

GORDONAL

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 11, 2009
sunny Powys(Wales),Spain
Dave you posted recently about wishing for suggestions for a possible venue .

I must confess I don't know this exact area but have travelled through a few times fairly closely

1 It has a pub

2 Circular lake with probable steeper routes going off ?

3 Country park

4 Parking

5 Very close to Manchester and Leeds

Let me see if I have mastered "links"

b........ks still can't do this try Hollingworth Lake near to Rochdale /Littleborogh

if some person local to this knows this location please give the idea a comment because as I have already stated I really dunno.

Alan

GORDONAL

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 11, 2009
sunny Powys(Wales),Spain
magic I suppose , some things I can link then other times I seem to be trying to link a whole page ....result ........ grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!

Alan

dmcgoldrick

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 17, 2010
very busy beauty spot.......not the place for racing around on bikes.......lots of young children and ice cream eating going on. parking a nightmare spring through autumn.......and that was years ago......
regards

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Thanks for all your suggestions...I have spent some time looking at these venues but it is hard to find an ideal one.
What about...The Derwent,Howden and Ladybower reservoirs. S330AQ.
It looks like these reservoirs are based between Sheffield,Leeds and Manchester,about 20 miles to each.
The centre of the complex seems to be the Upper Derwent Visitor Centre at Fairholmes.
The road from the A57 north to the visitor centre looks traffic busy so not ideal. But does anyone know the type of tracks that run north and east alongside the reservoir-ideally we don't just want tracks which need mountain bikes,its nice to test the urban bikes as well.
Its certainly a beautiful and dramatic location,I understand the Derwent Dam was used by 617 squadron for practising the dambuster raids.
Looks ideal if the tracks are ok.
What do you all think?
KudosDave

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
How did flecc o that? my electro skills are poor too!
magic I suppose , some things I can link then other times I seem to be trying to link a whole page ....result ........ grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!
To paste links into text, follow these illustrated online instructions I've just made for you both:

Locate and copy the site or photo link you want to appear as a text link. This might be from your browser as highlighted here in this link. Alternatively, if you want to link to a specific forum post, go to that post and right click the post number as arrowed here in this example, following the instruction there.

Now click on the thread REPLY button and then type your text as here where I've typed in my own Panasonic site URL. Then highlight the word or words that you want to appear as the link and click the globe symbol at the top of the reply box as shown here. Then in the box that opens as shown here, paste the link that you copied into the URL box and click OK. The highlighted words will now be an underlined link, so just click the Reply button and your post will appear with the link active as shown here with my Panasonic site example.

Last edited:

GaRRy

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 18, 2012
Tamworth
Thanks for all your suggestions...I have spent some time looking at these venues but it is hard to find an ideal one.
What about...The Derwent,Howden and Ladybower reservoirs. S330AQ.
It looks like these reservoirs are based between Sheffield,Leeds and Manchester,about 20 miles to each.
The centre of the complex seems to be the Upper Derwent Visitor Centre at Fairholmes.
The road from the A57 north to the visitor centre looks traffic busy so not ideal. But does anyone know the type of tracks that run north and east alongside the reservoir-ideally we don't just want tracks which need mountain bikes,its nice to test the urban bikes as well.
Its certainly a beautiful and dramatic location,I understand the Derwent Dam was used by 617 squadron for practising the dambuster raids.
Looks ideal if the tracks are ok.
What do you all think?
KudosDave
info on tracks here

Bicycle ride around the Derwent reservoirs - Ladybower - Derbyshire Peak District cycling

Looks like while a full blown moutain bike is not neccessary there are sections where at least some off road ability is a good idea.

Dave I know its near where you are already going this year but take a look at Carsignton Water (maybe take a trip when up that way in April). The cycle path all around is certainly ridable on pretty much any bike although a bit rough on far side of reservoir.

Even in the depths of winter there is a fairly high foot fall and based on size of car park come easter I would expect a large number of potential customers.

It is also a good place to go on a nice circular route taking in two of the cycle trails in peak district.
Again pretty much cyclable on any bike but a hybrid/mtb style bike would probable be best in one or two spots.

45 km Bike Ride - Peak District in Ashbourne, United Kingdom | MapMyRide

GORDONAL

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 11, 2009
sunny Powys(Wales),Spain
Looks excellent Dave .... I walked in that area about 30-35 years ago . More up to date info. is required from the Tykes Lankies + Derbys. folk who have moaned and groaned about lack of coverage from the pedelec manufacturers .
Come on guys/gals instead of chuntering and bleeting about distances that have to be travelled to visit a dealer or roadshow put some input into this .

Alan

Last edited:

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
info on tracks here

Bicycle ride around the Derwent reservoirs - Ladybower - Derbyshire Peak District cycling

Looks like while a full blown moutain bike is not neccessary there are sections where at least some off road ability is a good idea.

Dave I know its near where you are already going this year but take a look at Carsignton Water (maybe take a trip when up that way in April). The cycle path all around is certainly ridable on pretty much any bike although a bit rough on far side of reservoir.

Even in the depths of winter there is a fairly high foot fall and based on size of car park come easter I would expect a large number of potential customers.

It is also a good place to go on a nice circular route taking in two of the cycle trails in peak district.
Again pretty much cyclable on any bike but a hybrid/mtb style bike would probable be best in one or two spots.

45 km Bike Ride - Peak District in Ashbourne, United Kingdom | MapMyRide
Garry...exactly the feedback I need,perhaps at the Derwent Reservoirs we can have one route to test the urban bikes and another for the mountain bikes-our range including KTM is tending more towards mountain bike style.
I looked at Carsington Water but as you say it isn't far from the Manifold Trail and I want to try to vary the locations to offer the roadshows to as many as possible. I am up at the Manifold Trail early so will have a look at Carsington Water whilst there.
Spent some time Googling the Wetton Mill area of the Manifold Trail. Its looking like 4 possible routes-
1) Straight out of the Wetton Mill and up the steep hill towards Butterton...1 mile
2) Turn south from the Wetton Mill,along the Manifold Trail a 1 mile loop on easy flat terrain and back to the Mill....1 mile
3) Turn north from the Mill,along the Manifold Trail,a beautiful easy ride up to the tunnel,then directly back......1.5 miles
4) As above plus a loop west,up the steepish hill to Butterton village,back down to the Mill via the steep Wetton Road,beautiful valley views and a good test of the bikes...3.7miles
KudosDave

Yorkshiresurfer

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 18, 2012
Hi Dave,

How about Rivington near Bolton.

Lots of facilities and amazing riding. It's where the commonwealth games MTB was held in Manchester.

Best wishes,

Sean

Yorkshiresurfer

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 18, 2012
Hi Dave,

Me again.

I think I am going to bite the bullet and buy an Arriba.

When will you have them available to try and buy ?

Think the extra money will be worth it. I've read the BFM motor is very strong.

Best wishes,

Sean

GORDONAL

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 11, 2009
sunny Powys(Wales),Spain
Hi Sean ...... good call . Dave started a new thread about this if you look it up ...... sorry I struggle with links . Suggest you re-post the suggested location in their - thread started on Sat.

Alan

Thread starter do you live in the Manchester-Leeds -Sheffield triangle

Last edited:

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Hi Dave,

Me again.

I think I am going to bite the bullet and buy an Arriba.

When will you have them available to try and buy ?

Think the extra money will be worth it. I've read the BFM motor is very strong.

Best wishes,

Sean
Sean,obviously I am pleased you are interested in Arriba. There has been a delay on all the performance range including the Arriba,Tornado,Ibex and Cobra-this is due to Shimano delivery being 4 months. My supplier is promising that the Arriba will be away by end March,making delivery end April.
We will have all 4 bikes for testing at the Redbridge event and nearest to you the Manifold Trail.
The Arriba with it's German Thun torque sensor is a satisfying bike to ride,it supports the ride rather than replacing it,the BPM/CST motor has got low speed torque.
KudosDave