Tonsheng TSDZ2

Elmundopalladio

Finding my (electric) wheels
Dec 13, 2016
Edinburgh
im looking to purchase one of these mid drives and I was wondering if anyone has had any recent dealings with the folk at ebike-sales.co.uk?
I have tried to message them a couple of times and had no reply and their pages haven't been updated in a while - I would prefer to purchase via someone similar for the guarantee, but I'm apprehensive about placing an order on a zombie site.
Thanks

D8ve

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2013
Bristol
im looking to purchase one of these mid drives and I was wondering if anyone has had any recent dealings with the folk at ebike-sales.co.uk?
I have tried to message them a couple of times and had no reply and their pages haven't been updated in a while - I would prefer to purchase via someone similar for the guarantee, but I'm apprehensive about placing an order on a zombie site.
Thanks
Not a zombie but my ebike-sales motor Is bust and no response to my questions. Woosh do warranties and good prices on BBS gear

Elmundopalladio

Dec 13, 2016
Edinburgh
Not a zombie but my ebike-sales motor Is bust and no response to my questions. Woosh do warranties and good prices on BBS gear
Oh well - sounds like they should be given a swerve then. It's either Amazon with an unproven seller or a alternative mid drive - I was quite keen on a torque sensor.

KeithMac

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 20, 2016
York
I bought my TSDZ2 and battery from them, haven't needed any warranty or tech info since though.

Was delivered within the week iirc, well packaged and came with checklists for the motor and battery so they haven't just drop-shipped it.

Haven't had enough time on the TSDZ2 but it looked a quality made kit when I was fitting it to my bike (search for my build thread).

I'm in two minds weather to sell the kit on or not as I use my Gtech for works commute and don't get time to ride at the weekends..

Elmundopalladio

Dec 13, 2016
Edinburgh
I bought my TSDZ2 and battery from them, haven't needed any warranty or tech info since though.

Was delivered within the week iirc, well packaged and came with checklists for the motor and battery so they haven't just drop-shipped it.

Haven't had enough time on the TSDZ2 but it looked a quality made kit when I was fitting it to my bike (search for my build thread).

I'm in two minds weather to sell the kit on or not as I use my Gtech for works commute and don't get time to ride at the weekends..

Its good to hear that the kit is quality. I'm just concerned about placing an order as their webpage and Facebook site hasn't been updated in a year and they arnt answering emails. Unfortunately I'm struggling to find an alternative supplier in the UK

KeithMac

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 20, 2016
York
If it does go belly up you're covered by PayPal, I looked and it was in stock so ordered online and had no problems.

They don't like answering emails as you say though..

footpump

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 19, 2014
I bought my tdz2 from electric bike convertions at datchworth last year but as I already had there downtube 13ah battery purchased moter+another battery mounting plate.
mine is fitted to Carrera subway one you can adjust speed and amp settings via the lcd I'm using it with 10.4ah battery
the only bugbear for me is the lcd by default shuts of after 5 minites if you leave the bike and go shopping say 20mins you come back and press power and cycle off and realise you have very little or no assist at all and have to switch the battery on/off and quite often I have had to wait 10-15mins for it to work properly.

for me at 68 find I need to be in sport most of the time but range is good 19miles today at 16amps 50% left in battery.

not sure if ebc still do this moter

what is the current price of the tdz2? and can a controller be purchased?

D

Deleted member 4366

Alternatively you could contact mandy@mxusebikekit.com
I have bought 8 TSDZ2 sets from them up to now and have had no problems whatsoever with any of them.
Seems to be the cheapest channel as well.
I've been out for a meal with Mandy. She's very nice.

You can buy kits direct from them. They have a range of hub-motors too, including a copy of the Bafang CST, which is pretty good.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Also available from PSWPower .com and all spare parts.
I have dealt with them and had no issues delivery was quick from China about 4 or 5 days.

raymee

Mar 12, 2015
Electric Bike Conversions have many of these units in stock but will not sell them anymore due to numerous problems encountered.

Birger Bulukin

Dec 5, 2016
Nittedal, Norway
ive just looked on mxuse website but cannot find the tdz2 moter
I am now up to 17 sets of tdz2, most of them via mandy@mxusebikekit.
As told previously only item is to wait 4 seconds after pushing the ON key in order to let the controller finish the startup procedure.
Failing to do this will invariably cause start up problems.
And the moment sensor is a very big improvement against a rotation (cadence) sensor. But here in Norway we appreciate the possibility of combining physical exersise with easy transportation.

DouglasXK

Pedelecer
Oct 9, 2016
Oxford
No free lunch here but these people are ok; auto-ebike.com (also trading as BMS-battery.com)! Approx £320 + 15 vat + 15 handling charge by ParcelForce = £350 for the 36v 350w with set of brakes, VLCD5 display, thumb throttle. The latter is well worth it. Anyone contemplating fitting one will find the endless-sphere.com thread on these motors essential reading.
I am now up to 17 sets of tdz2, most of them via mandy@mxusebikekit.
As told previously only item is to wait 4 seconds after pushing the ON key in order to let the controller finish the startup procedure.
Failing to do this will invariably cause start up problems.
And the moment sensor is a very big improvement against a rotation (cadence) sensor. But here in Norway we appreciate the possibility of combining physical exersise with easy transportation.
What you say about exercise is interesting. I own a Neo-Cross which also has a torque sensor and both are similar except that the Neo in eco/touring mode feels the same as the TSDZ2 in sport. (The Neo is a 2014 bike and I believe they have now turned eco down so a 2017 bike might feel the same.) In comparison with a Raleigh Motus, the Neo has to be cycled without any assistance as much as possible to get the same range as the Motus. I know this because I followed one for 350km in the outer Hebrides two weeks ago. But the Neo's power is distinctly better than the Motus. I'm hoping the TSDZ2 will combine the best qualities of the two. It certainly has the speed.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Does the TSDZ2 have the wattage engraved on the casing like the BBSxx ? Is some one able to show a pic of any said markings ?

Birger Bulukin

Dec 5, 2016
Nittedal, Norway
Does the TSDZ2 have the wattage engraved on the casing like the BBSxx ? Is some one able to show a pic of any said markings ?
The peak wattage of the TSDZ2 is 15amps x 36V = 540W as I know it. I however notice that it is advertised both as 250 and 350W. I have been told that these wattages refer to what the motor can sustain for longer periods of time while not increasing temperature above 2 deg C.
Perhaps someone can clarify?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I know all about peak watts and how to do the math's.
What I need to know is the rating engraved on the motor as the 36v is sold in 250/350 & 500w guise.

Birger Bulukin

Dec 5, 2016
Nittedal, Norway
I know all about peak watts and how to do the math's.
What I need to know is the rating engraved on the motor as the 36v is sold in 250/350 & 500w guise.
Didn't know you could get the TSDZ2 as 500W. Compared to the Bafang BBS02 of 25Amp peak and with cooling fins, the Tonsheng has a smaller casing and no cooling fins, so it must become rather hot as 500W.
However the label on the Tonsheng does not state wattage. I know, I have assemble 25 of them last year.
And my wifes Bafang BBS02 really outruns my Tonsheng uphill but I still prefer the Tonsheng with torque sensor.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
18a 750w TDSZ2 available as well.
No watts label good to know.