Tony T Newby

Tony T

Just Joined
Jun 9, 2018
Hi all,
I came across this forum, after purchasing the Kalkoff Sahel compact i8 electric bike.
I have been meaning for a long time to purchase a pedelec bike, as opposed to a fully fledged ebike with throttle.
I have lung disease, ( COPD ) which affects me when climbing hills on my Raleigh city bike.
I am also just getting over a total hip replacement.
I told my surgeon about the pedelec bikes & that you have to pedal in order to gain assistance & he was very enthusiastic as he said its not about the physical effort, but the momentum when pedalling that would be beneficial to me, ( as well as getting up those hills without having to stop for half an hour trying to get my breath back ! ).
I trawled the web over a long period, looking at many options & finally last week I took the plunge.
I was going to go for a folding bike as I wanted to keep it in the hallway, but came across the sahel with the folding handlebars & pedals which is perfect.
I went for the larger battery option as I am 16 stone, & rode the bike for the 1st time from the East end of London to Chelsea which is about 8 miles.
I am totally amazed I did not stop once, it was a breeze & I felt great.
So there's my intro and a big hello to all of you, I will be looking at your post with interest & if I can contribute in any way I will try my best.
Kind regards
Tony

Reactions: tommie

Fat Rat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2018
UK
Hi welcome
Glad the new bike is working well for you .