Top brand e-bike with some discount or something else?

Shawnlh

Just Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Milton Keynes
I'm after a bit of advice on the purchase of a new e-bike, currently I'm driving 7 miles each way across town for work everyday and I occasionally cycle the journey but without fail I feel absolutely destroyed by the time I get home, hence looking at e-bikes, my working day can be between 9 and 13 hours so a bit of help on the way home would be awesome!

I'm in the fortunate position of being able to purchase one of the top mountain bike brands with 30% discount (unfortunately I cant share the details on this discount or offer it out to anybody else before anybody asks :p)
This bike will most likely be a bosch performance cx assisted bike but I'm limited to spending a maximum of 2k, I'm quite into my bikes and have re-built a few over the last 10 years so I appreciate a bike with good quality components.

So before a go and spend 2k on a bike worth nearly 3k, should I be considering anything else? I appreciate I will not get the same spec level but I don't want to dive straight in then find out I should have purchased something else :)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated
Cheers,

nemesis

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 14, 2011
I'm after a bit of advice on the purchase of a new e-bike, currently I'm driving 7 miles each way across town for work everyday and I occasionally cycle the journey but without fail I feel absolutely destroyed by the time I get home, hence looking at e-bikes, my working day can be between 9 and 13 hours so a bit of help on the way home would be awesome!

I'm in the fortunate position of being able to purchase one of the top mountain bike brands with 30% discount (unfortunately I cant share the details on this discount or offer it out to anybody else before anybody asks :p)
This bike will most likely be a bosch performance cx assisted bike but I'm limited to spending a maximum of 2k, I'm quite into my bikes and have re-built a few over the last 10 years so I appreciate a bike with good quality components.

So before a go and spend 2k on a bike worth nearly 3k, should I be considering anything else? I appreciate I will not get the same spec level but I don't want to dive straight in then find out I should have purchased something else :)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated
Cheers,
Have a look at hybrid models from Cube or Ktm and go for the Bosch CX motor with the 500wh battery and fit slick tyres such as schwalbe kojak 700 x 35,a mtb hardtail will suit as well with 29er wheels that are 700c compatible.
You will then have a fairly lightweight fast rolling bike with great power,reliability and range.

Last edited:

Shawnlh

Just Joined
Aug 3, 2016
Milton Keynes
Hi Nemesis, that's what I was thinking with the brand I can get the discount on, currently I have an old claude butler cape wrath mountain bike converted to a commuter with carbon bits and slick tyres,
So was thinking about going down the route of a hardtail dedicated e-bike mtb and fitting slicks then maybe in the future fitting light weight parts to this too :)
Cheers

• Agree
Reactions: nemesis

bigray69

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 1, 2016
swindon
have got a KTM E STREET all lights fitted mudguards its a hybrid can do trails got 27 gears just did 16.9 miles in my lunch time yesterday 14.9 i love it. can work when i want to take it easy when need to and every part on it is quality. now done 187 miles on it. i want to go out on it. its got panasonic motor 46 v can get about 50 miles on bat and im 22 stone was 23.5. highly recomend ktm for quality of components.

Crockers

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 19, 2014
Why just Bosch? Look at Yamaha and Brose systems too. Brose powered bikes have some of the best looking on the market. Bulls, Specialized, BH emotion, Scott, Hercules to name a few brands.