Top Speed WR

Steve UKLSRA

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 29, 2015
Porthmadog
www.ukbusas.org
That's not going to cut the mustard SW...If Guy can do 100+ on legs alone, that's not even close...know where you're coming from, but I'm really interested in what/where a record can be set within the rules...I'm hoping to get a response from The Bishop tomorrow and then we have a target...keep the ideas coming tho, I've already mailed him with power levels after Kiwi's post...

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Last edited:

Steve UKLSRA

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 29, 2015
Porthmadog
www.ukbusas.org
I can duck paddle the bugger to get moving....Its all about the terminal speed at the mile to get a recorded speed...already been told I can't slipstream one of the LSR bikes as they won't let 2 riders/vehicles on the same track, otherwise It'd be easy...hang on to the back of the bike in my avatar and let go 100m from the line lol

Reactions: soundwave

Steve UKLSRA

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 29, 2015
Porthmadog
www.ukbusas.org
Jeez...I've just had a proper look at that sprocket...I wouldn't let them make a garden ornament, that's a real piece of badly machined crap (no wonder it's only £12 lol)...I get where you're coming from and realise (again) that I'll have to have a big front ring, but I'd machine something a little better than that lol...prob sap some power and machine a NW ring to fit

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

now the only thing that will limit that is power light weight and be cheap to make a prototype as its just magnets on the wheel.

Steve UKLSRA

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 29, 2015
Porthmadog
www.ukbusas.org
You seem to be on the ball with this SW, you need to talk to Kzin and get some ideas rolling...I can deal with the ACU/GWR regs/conformity, but I'm a mech guy and can only build a chassis to handle whatever motor is necessary...

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

so we need a bike thats electric that can go this fast with peddles.

Reactions: Steve UKLSRA

Steve UKLSRA

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 29, 2015
Porthmadog
www.ukbusas.org
Gas turbines are cheap, but that's another game (and one I started my life with in the Army)...I have a friend that races a Y2K and a GT go-kart and he's just built a V8 turbo Busa that is beautiful...look him up on you-tube at Elvington, you'll even see me setting off before him like I'm going to the shops lol

Advertisers