Tortec Transalp Disc Pannier Rack

Warwick

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 24, 2015
Warwick
(Mods, maybe we could have a parts & accessories review board?)

This is an excellent bit of kit; light, sturdy, easy to level and simple to fit.

I have two; one in silver, the other black. The latter has had loads of use and has proved itself to be a very durable bit of kit. I really like the support bars that fit to the seat stays. They are very adjustable and make the whole thing a cinch to fit. I just fitted one to my Orbit & it took <10 minutes even with a hunt for a longer bolt. The one on my Oxygen has really proved its worth.

The rack itself is a tad wide, if I were to be picky, but that's due to having to fit round the disc brake. It has two bars for hanging panniers from. I use the upper one, although smaller panniers would just as easily fit on the lower bar. The only very minor gripe is that the seat stay hex bolts were a couple of millimetres too short for my frame, but YMMV.

Highly recommended at only £20.

• Agree
Reactions: Andy Bluenoes

egroover

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
UK
Agree with OP, I have 2 of these, both on disc equipped bikes. As mentioned a bit wider but bullet proof. Just returned from a 400 mile tour with a 10 day backpack on the rack on dirt tracks/cycle paths, no issues with the rack