Trailer connection

CRAZYNIGHT

Pedelecer
Nov 4, 2011
I am thinking of building my own trailer.

1. Will an ebike be ok towing a trailer? It will be just for light stuff back and forth to the allotment.
2. Does anyone have any ideas how I can connect a trailer to the bike buying the connections seem to be expensive if not impossible to find - any suggestions welcome.

Thanks

D

Deleted member 4366

There's several types of fixing for a trailer. You can get quite a good cargo trailer on Ebay for about £70
Some connect to the seatpost:
Bicycle Cargo Trailer Hand Cart Hand Trolly Shopping Trailer Bike Trailer (2031500000007) | eBay
Bicyle Bike Mini Trailer | eBay
Some connect to the chain-stay with a clamp. Not so good if you already have a clamp-on sidestand fitted there.
eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace
Most have a little bracket that bolts on to the axle - can be problematic if you have a rear motor and not enough axle length.
VEELA Bicycle Cargo Trailer Shopping Trailer Bike Trailer Utility Trailer | eBay
All these trailers come with the mounting system and are perfect for towing behind an ebike. Which one do you have?

CRAZYNIGHT

Pedelecer
Nov 4, 2011
d8veh - Thanks for those having looked at them would seem more sensible to buy one they are not as expensive as I had seen previously. Our bike is a Life Cycle Traveller, and I am currently in the process of either buying another ebike just for myself or converting my trek to an ebike.

having looked at the different mounts this one link seems to be the best for my needs, solid box and the mount (seat post) would appear to be a little more universal as every bike has one ;) and would make it easy to move the mount from one bike to the other as needed.

Advertisers