Transporting batteries when off bike

Rumik

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 23, 2018
I'm wondering how best to transport my Bosch 400Wh frame type battery in a vehicle when off the bike. I'd like to put it in a box to prevent it rattling around and to prevent anything shorting the terminals but I can't seem to find anything ready-made the right size (330x100x100mm). Unless anyone can suggest something suitable I guess I'll have to cobble something together out of a cardboard box.

Ideas anyone?

Mike

Wander

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2013
Speak to your dealer. They are likely to have a load of the proper size cardboard boxes that the batteries come in.

Reactions: Rumik

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
There is not a snow ball chance in hell of your Bosch battery shorting.. unless perhaps you intend carrying it in a container filled with metal shavings. .and even then I doubt it. There is a safety interlock whereby signals have to come on the auxiliary connection before the main terminals go live.... My suggestion is to leave it on the floor carpet , passenger side, ..you don't want it sliding under the break pedal.

• Agree
Reactions: Gringo and Rumik

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
its a battery not a thermonuclear weapon :D

Steve Dyson

Pedelecer
Oct 13, 2018
I ride with my home made battery pack in 3 ice cream tubs inside a rucksack and they havent shorted out, i would expect an expensive battery pack would be perfectly fine in a cardboard box with packing materials round them if you are taking them in a car/van, if you are carrying them in a back pack, just wrap them in bubble wrap and carry them. they are built to handle bumping around

Reactions: Rumik

Advertisers