Trek Powerfly ( only gone and ordered one )

Mossie

Pedelecer
Oct 7, 2015
Was thinking of getting this bike too. Ilkley or Otley is nearer for me but I can't see Trek cycles for sale in Chevin cycles or Ilkley Bikes.
Not sure what the Long Travel means , is it meaning longer battery life ?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
imo suspension travel check the specs ;)

Mossie

Pedelecer
Oct 7, 2015
Ah ok thanks, in fact just found it on the Chevin Cycles site with 10% off just under 4K .
Might go down and see them tomorrow.

Mossie

Pedelecer
Oct 7, 2015
At least you will have something to do when she kicks out.
Yeah I know, got a week before it arrives. Will have to do some serious 'Buttering Up' in the next few days. Bought a Harley a few years ago and had it in the garage a week before I figured a way to break the news ! Anyway, I'm still alive and still buying toys.

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
Yeah I know, got a week before it arrives. Will have to do some serious 'Buttering Up' in the next few days. Bought a Harley a few years ago and had it in the garage a week before I figured a way to break the news ! Anyway, I'm still alive and still buying toys.
I have found that as the years and many motorcycles have been and gone it it a good idea to buy them all the same colour.
If asked to describe a passing red bmw my missus would say it was a red one..
I rest my case...

Mossie

Pedelecer
Oct 7, 2015
Whoo Whoo. Its arrived.

View attachment 16532
Just a quick question. Put on a fully charged battery and the display says 61 miles range in ECO. Thought this was a bit low compared to my old Haibike which used to show 105 miles in ECO. I realise this is in ideal conditions only but the Bosch website gives 135 miles(218 KM) in ECO in ideal conditions for the Performance Line CX Powerpack 500. Be interested to know what initial range yours shows with a fully charged battery ?

https://www.bosch-ebike.com/fileadmin/EBC/downloads/Broschueren/Produktbroschure_Performance_Line_2016_EN.pdf?_=1461339603

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
DSC_0305.JPG
as you can see its not very good as goes off the last 20 mins off the bikes usage so if you go out and ride slow you will find the miles start to go back up ;)

Mossie

Pedelecer
Oct 7, 2015
Ah OK thanks, so the initial range is incorrect. Opposite to Yamaha which started high and slowly decreased.

Richard-Ebike

Pedelecer
Jan 3, 2017
sheffield
The range thing is so misleading

When the display says 100+ just how far did you get or it does change to once you got on the ride

Yes going up big hills makes it go down

My main thing is I am looking at the Levo and a Yamaha
Levo is 55-60 max yet a Yamaha says 100+

Is the Levo that bad against the Yamaha or just a more realistic answer

Richard

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
a 500w batt with a dongle and the range is 25-30 miles so double that with out one.

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
Just a quick question. Put on a fully charged battery and the display says 61 miles range in ECO. Thought this was a bit low compared to my old Haibike which used to show 105 miles in ECO. I realise this is in ideal conditions only but the Bosch website gives 135 miles(218 KM) in ECO in ideal conditions for the Performance Line CX Powerpack 500. Be interested to know what initial range yours shows with a fully charged battery ?

https://www.bosch-ebike.com/fileadmin/EBC/downloads/Broschueren/Produktbroschure_Performance_Line_2016_EN.pdf?_=1461339603
First time out on a new mtb with rhe bosch 500w battery it showed 112 miles to go in eco.
This was the first and only time it showed such a high number and as I am surrounded by steep hills it is not unusual to see 3 miles to go with 3 bars still showing..
My view now is ignore it as it's put there just to confuse..

Related Articles

Advertisers