Trek Powerfly ( only gone and ordered one )

Richard-Ebike

Pedelecer
Jan 3, 2017
sheffield
One thing I noticed with the Levo
No display and in the app I could not see a range left
Guess you soon work out the range you can do tho it's very miss leading

I can see 20kg bike on manual power at some point for me

IR772

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 5, 2016
Leominster
One thing I noticed with the Levo
No display and in the app I could not see a range left
Guess you soon work out the range you can do tho it's very miss leading

I can see 20kg bike on manual power at some point for me
Then you will know what hard work is

• Agree
Reactions: LeighPing

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
  • Agree
Reactions: LeighPing and IR772

I Am Jon

Pedelecer
Apr 23, 2016
West Yorkshire
Had pretty much settled on the Cuble HPA 160 Race 500 for £3,500 but LBS just threw up another option; Bergamont E-Line Trailster C 9.0 500 2016 reduced to £3,200.

Pro's:
  • Cheap
  • Rockshox Pike RCT3 150mm
  • SRAM XG1150, 11 x 10-42T
  • Only 21.5KG according to spec (not sure if due to high spec components or cheap frame..)
  • Prefer colour and look of rear suspension
Cons:
  • Old Intuvia display. Can upgrade to Purion for about £100?
  • Weaker Magura MT4 brakes. Should be enough, can always upgrade front if needed.
  • Battery not as neatly integrated as Cube.
  • Cables not routed internally
  • Not such a well known brand, think they are owned by Scott now.
  • Still only 2.35" tires, looks like not boost either.

Last edited:

Trevormonty

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 18, 2016
NZ
Sourcing spares locally could be issue with Bergamount. Especially frame specific ones like suspension brushes and derailleur hanger.
I face same problem with my Cube, luckily bike.discount carry large range of Cube specific spares.

I Am Jon

Pedelecer
Apr 23, 2016
West Yorkshire
Sourcing spares locally could be issue with Bergamount. Especially frame specific ones like suspension brushes and derailleur hanger.
I face same problem with my Cube, luckily bike.discount carry large range of Cube specific spares.
Good point. Short of wrecking the frame only parts I'd expect to replace are bits like bearings, sprocket and hanger. Not sure how bespoke they really are, might be more an issue of identifying the right replacement. This site seems to have an extensive range of mtb bearings, hangers etc....

LBS is only getting the bike in this week, when i go to look at it will be sure to question them about parts and warranty before committing to anything.

...... Kinda posted in wrong thread probably should of started my own, never-mind :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Mossie

Pedelecer
Oct 7, 2015
The range thing is so misleading

When the display says 100+ just how far did you get or it does change to once you got on the ride

Yes going up big hills makes it go down

My main thing is I am looking at the Levo and a Yamaha
Levo is 55-60 max yet a Yamaha says 100+

Is the Levo that bad against the Yamaha or just a more realistic answer

Richard
Yes my Yamaha consistently says 105 miles in ECO PLUS on a fully charged battery whereas my new Bosch CX 500 gives 61 miles in ECO. But the Bosch has a memory in the motor which takes into account the last ride, which I presume the Yamaha doesn't.

• Informative
Reactions: Richard-Ebike

Mossie

Pedelecer
Oct 7, 2015
Decided to give it a go in TURBO only.....Freaking Awesome !

Did about 27 miles in quite hilly country North of Leeds, on and off road and only in Turbo mode. Although the range only said about 4 miles left when I got back the battery level was still showing 2 bars so I could probably have got quite a bit further , but I didn't want to push it until I know how long those 2 bars will last.

Was going to buy a dongle but `I don't think I'll bother now.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
that sounds like a long way in turbo mode only - did you use 2 batteries??
I have tried riding in assist 5 only and the range doesn't go down as quickly as might be expected because higher assist gets you to cut off faster and after that you don't use much battery... :)

I Am Jon

Pedelecer
Apr 23, 2016
West Yorkshire
Ordered the Bergamont E-Line Trailster C 9.0 500 2016, will collect this weekend.

Shop seem to have a lot of experience selling and servicing Bosch bikes, keep parts in stock etc, which is reassuring. Included a free upgrade to the Purion display :)

Richard-Ebike

Pedelecer
Jan 3, 2017
sheffield
is very curious
experiment is in order as I now know my range in eco mode
next ride will do in turbo till battery dies
Just make sure its all down hill to get back ... so you can get back without the pain going up a hill with a 20Kg bike

How far is eco getting you ?

Related Articles

Advertisers