Trek

Altop1

Pedelecer
Oct 27, 2016
Lincolnshire
Hi ive been offered a deal on 2016 trek 400 think its a powerffy seems a good deal 1600 pounds.Would like a cube but not sure if i can get a discount against internet prices.Any thoughts please.

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
Both Trek and especially Cube offer lots of models, so to get any meaningful comments you will need to be a bit more forthcoming.

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
The trek is a powerfly 5 .Its a new 2016 model.Blue and grey. 1600pounds.Are these a good ebike.
There won't be much to choose between Trek and Cube in terms of quality.

Both are decent brands.

There will be minor differences in style and spec, both being a matter of preference.

The Trek - at least the 2017 one - has space for a bottle cage on the bottom of the seat tube.

That's a benefit, I think you will find the Cubes in your price range don't have space.

On t'other hand, the Cubes have more internalised cable routing which I prefer over the Trek which has cables on the down tube.

Gringo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2013
Northampton
I already have a cube ebike, I also like the trek and its motor guard.
As they both use Bosch motors the choice is down to style and personal preferences.
For me the biggest factor would be dealer location, you will be going back to the dealer at some time, even if it's just to get the software updated ;)