Turbo Levo Brose Motor Problem help...

Rouge Rider

Pedelecer
May 14, 2017
Sunderland
I joined this forum not too long ago and I'm really pleased I did.i was prepared to listen to the odd problem and brush it aside as all things can have problems..but these machines seem shockingly unreliable and they are mostly brand new,not 5-10 years old with many happy miles under there belts..scary.
For those who are still enjoying trouble free fun,I truly hope it long continues for you all

• Agree
Reactions: hech and Steve A

Neowoody

Just Joined
Jul 9, 2017
Bridgend
Just come across this forum as my specialized turbo levo fsr just stopped working. I have had since Feb and first problem was bluetooth of battery not working. Shop swapped out battery for new one. Since then no problems at all, until yesterday when motor just started spinning with no power to the drive. Done over 500 miles and I am hoping that this will be an easy fix but looking at some threads on here I am concerned that I may be without my bike for a while. Took back to dealer today, just have to wait for diagnoses.

Rs4rocks

Just Joined
Jul 13, 2017
California
900 miles and had to get mine motor replaced. Took two weeks to get one and 1 hour to be installed by the dealer. Under warranty.

nemesis

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 14, 2011
Specialized should have gone with the Bosch cx motor because it is a solid performer and reliable.I had the Kalkhoff impulse motor before the Bosch and i can speak from experience how frustrating it is when motors break down.

• Agree
Reactions: Steve A and Osho

ukmarcel

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 15, 2017
Cheshire
Just a follow up on my case. The motor finally completely stopped working. I brought the bike to my dealership and they look at it. They think it was the cable going from the battery to the back of the motor.(they originally suspected the speed sensor cable). Even if the connection is double sealed they found some water ingress and they also cleaned the contact. Their advice was to avoid to pull too much on this cable when unplugging the battery. They also updated the firmware. Went for a ride today and it was great :) .. will update later
Dead again!!! :mad::mad::mad: Back to the shop this week end :(
New update:
The shop kept my bike for two weeks but let me have one of their hire turbo levo HT for free as courtesy. Enjoyed the weather, lot of fun and no problem with it !

At the end changed the motor of my turbo levo FSR. It has been great for the last three weeks. Fingers crossed.

PS: Brose is coming up with a new motor that will be compatible:
http://ebike-mtb.com/en/exclusive-review-brose-drive-s/

azapa

Just Joined
May 24, 2017
just a quick follow up: my bike is really working great now, such a blast to use, addictive. Even the 10% and 60% settings are a joy. I just hope the chain and rear sprockets can handle the load. 100% road use so far. Turbo Levo HT

Rouge Rider

Pedelecer
May 14, 2017
Sunderland
I wonder how the new 2018 brose motor performs.and with the newer 691 kWh battery these bikes could become very tempting again...I still can't help but look at them..the 2017 expert is now £3600 at Rutland...but for reliability I'd be sorely tempted

ukmarcel

Jan 15, 2017
Cheshire
New update:
The shop kept my bike for two weeks but let me have one of their hire turbo levo HT for free as courtesy. Enjoyed the weather, lot of fun and no problem with it !

At the end changed the motor of my turbo levo FSR. It has been great for the last three weeks. Fingers crossed.

PS: Brose is coming up with a new motor that will be compatible:
http://ebike-mtb.com/en/exclusive-review-brose-drive-s/
Promised update: 1000 km with the new motor and NO problems! Very fun MTB. will update again after the wet winter!

Rouge Rider

Pedelecer
May 14, 2017
Sunderland
Hopefully the new 1.3motor is solid..if reports are good I’ll be buying...actually prefer the 2017 model but reliability issues have stopped me buying...and the cost obviously

Levo

Oct 11, 2017
England
The 1.3 motor has been upgraded quite a bit to correct the issues with the 1.2. Fingers crossed they've done a good job.

• Agree
Reactions: ukmarcel

ukmarcel

Jan 15, 2017
Cheshire
My motor had to be replaced :(again, now with the latest version of 1.2 (improved seals of bearings). Not sure about this. Do someone has some feedback about the new motor 1.3 on the 2018 model?

Promised update: 1000 km with the new motor and NO problems! Very fun MTB. will update again after the wet winter!

Rouge Rider

Pedelecer
May 14, 2017
Sunderland
That’s what I’m waiting to hear about. New motor...when I buy it’s going to be a distance away,so I need to feel slightly reliable

Mountie

Jan 5, 2018
Canada
I’ve got the carbon expert 18 180kms no issues, thank God, even chain wear seems a bit better.

Related Articles

Advertisers