Two (!!) new 2018 Haibike HardSeven 2 and Hardlife2

Discussion in 'Electric Bike Classifieds' started by barrycoll, Oct 17, 2018.

1. barrycoll

barrycoll Finding my (electric) wheels

Bought just 2 months ago from Cambridge E-bikes, so almost full 2 year warranties, and just 70 miles or so on the odo

Basically buying them seemed like a good idea....but was a mistake. At 78 years old, a good pair of walking boots and top of the range back packs would have been a more sensible buy, as cycling now no longer has its attractions (for us)

Both bikes are SMALL, but as I am 5’7”, and as the top tube length of Small was 54cms from seat pin to stem, that meant I didn’t need a shorter stem.
    But I did fit a longer seat pin

Both bikes are basically the same spec, with 1X11 Shimano, Air forks etc etc, but my wife like a white frame, aalthough, in principle the geometry is supposed to differ. Riding either bike feels just the same

The other reason for Small, is that less metal makes for a lighter bike...in theory anyway!

New price was £2145, but will sell for £1600, but no offers please

Attached Files:

2. anotherkiwi

anotherkiwi Pedelecer

The pair? :rolleyes:

Sorry! Couldn't resist. Yes at 78 you are supposed to be riding step-through tame city bikes not flame breathing MTBs! Good on you for trying though! :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. barrycoll

You should have resisted, dear Kiwi, as it is not the step through versus fire breathing 70 nms of torque that is the issue, it is just the act of cycling itself

I am sure that some folks amongst the readership will find these bikes quite marvelous...........AND, a bargain

4. barrycoll

Price reduced to £1550 each, or £1500 for taking both

5. Crockers

Crockers Pedelecer

Barry......why are two bikes cheaper than one ??

6. soundwave

soundwave Pedelecer

he wants 3k for the 2 ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. barrycoll

Paying the price for less hassle dear Crockers....but if I could have bought these 2 bikes for £1500 each, I would have bitten the vendors arm off.

I think that Haibike frame sizes are really on the large size, and that Small is not really that small.....a bit like M&S waist sizes

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice