Two new Woosh bikes are on the way

Volusia25

Pedelecer
Apr 21, 2017
leicester
Ive just taken delivery and its all neatly packed and not damaged. Just one thing though, this tiny split ring thing is missing from one of the handlebar mount bolts, does the bike come with any spares? Certainly a smart looking machine and will continue the build later today.
IMG_20170525_131718.jpg IMG_20170525_133456.jpg

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
you mean one of the rubber cable tidy blobs that replace the cableties?

Volusia25

Pedelecer
Apr 21, 2017
leicester
you mean one of the rubber cable tidy blobs that replace the cableties?
No. If you look at the two bolts in that photo, one of them has a little washer on it but the other one doesn't (the one which is tightened down more is missing one). I've checked my box of random spare parts in the garage but I dont have one laying around

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
we have those M4 washers.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
sure. I'll put them in the post later.

Reactions: Volusia25

Volusia25

Pedelecer
Apr 21, 2017
leicester
Oh what a shame. I've just removed the bubble wrap around the battery housing and its all scratched up, there's also a scratch on the frame. I'm not happy with this level of damage to a brand new bike.
IMG_20170525_173144 (1).jpg IMG_20170525_173140.jpg

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
what a shame.
I think we can swap out the battery.
I'll ask Andy or Jim to call you tomorrow.
I wonder what caused it. may be the handlebars or the front wheel.

Volusia25

Pedelecer
Apr 21, 2017
leicester
what a shame.
I think we can swap out the battery.
I'll ask Andy or Jim to call you tomorrow.
I wonder what caused it. may be the handlebars or the front wheel.
I don't know, the bubble wrap around the battery wasn't even torn, maybe the wheel chaffed against it in transit. I'd recommend in future that more layers of bubble wrap are applied around the frame in particular, costs pennies and should prevent this. The one scratch on the frame isn't a problem as its at the bottom and more will follow with stone chips etc in use.
I've emailed Woosh directly as well. A battery replacement would be appreciated, or some discount but a replacement is preferable. It seems the paint is quite thin on the battery anyway but it is disappointing on a brand new bike.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I can only apologize for the inconvenience. We will sort it asap.
I'll check with Philip tomorrow how to stop this problem in the future.

Volusia25

Pedelecer
Apr 21, 2017
leicester
I can only apologize for the inconvenience. We will sort it asap.
I'll check with Philip tomorrow how to stop this problem in the future.
I dont suppose a new batt could be sent next day tomorrow so i can ride it over the weekend? I'll of course return the one thats on it at the same time with whatever courier you prefer. I take it you need the keys back too as they're unique to each battery? It is a bummer as the bike is clean and spotless everywhere else, maybe the scratch on the frame will polish out

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
the lock is on the frame. The battery does not need the key to swap out.
You may have to put up with the scratched battery for the weekend.
I am sorry, Hatti deals normally with transit damages and she is on holiday until Tuesday.

Volusia25

Pedelecer
Apr 21, 2017
leicester
the lock is on the frame. The battery does not need the key to swap out.
You may have to put up with the scratched battery for the weekend.
I am sorry, Hatti deals normally with transit damages and she is on holiday until Tuesday.
Ah ok, i've not removed the battery yet so I wasnt sure. I could send the battery out tomorrow with a tracking number, while a new one is sent to me at the same time or is that not possible? If i'm allowed to use the battery on there currently I guess I will do, i've not even charged it yet

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Please use it over the weekend. We will probably arrange for interlink to deliver the new battery and pick up the old one after the bank holiday.

Volusia25

Pedelecer
Apr 21, 2017
leicester
Please use it over the weekend. We will probably arrange for interlink to deliver the new battery and pick up the old one after the bank holiday.
That would be perfect, saves me having to go out to send it off. I guess you can use it on the demo bike or sell it as preowned?

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
that's correct.

Volusia25

Pedelecer
Apr 21, 2017
leicester
that's correct.
I'm also confused with how the mudguards fit. You may need to adjust the manual slightly as it just says 'offer the mudguard up to the forks'. But there is nothing in the hole to hold the mudguard. I have 3 cyclinder shaped pieces which all fit inside eachother, then 2 random longer cylinders which don't appear to do anything. Any ideas?
Also the rear mudguard attaches to the seat post but doesn't have a rubber insert, am I supposed to use one of those weird plastic pieces to fit it?
I managed the lights at least, surprisingly bright