Two new Woosh bikes are on the way

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
the tyres have arrived but I was busy in the shop with callers all day, I haven't had time to check them out yet.
Will do tomorrow.

Reactions: richardg6paj

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Rio FB with KGUARD (kevlar) 60-559 Schwalbe Space (26" x 2.35")
They are extremely good value, 680gr tyres and not bad looking tyres.

I am happy with the result.

I am still waiting for the puncture proof tyres to arrive.

More pictures to come in a couple of days.

richardg6paj

Pedelecer
Jul 2, 2017
Messingham
They look good Mr. Woosh. ;) The rims don't seem too wide for the tires?
Is the OD smaller or about the same, will they affect the speedometer "calibration"? I think I may treat the bike to some. Just one other question, did you use the same tubes or do we need new tubes? I'm guessing Schwalbe Big Apple would be ok as well.

Last edited:

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk

Marc12345

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 3, 2017
Tadworth
Hi i was going to buy the fatboy, im now worried about the talk about the tires, i too have looked for replacement tires, and cannot seem to find any..

So what are we saying then it is silly to buy this bike as the tires are so rare ?Will replacing the tires with the Schwalbe Space 26" x 2.35" which fit but are not ideal? are they even the right size for them rims ? or is it a just oh well make the best of it?

I was like minutes from ordering then i read all this.

Still keeping my hopes up though for a solution, the only other thing is to wait for the new 4" fatboy.

Thanks

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Only Richard has researched the replacement tyres for the FB, so he knows more than me on the subject.
I chose the 3" tyres because they are multipurpose, good on tarmac roads also at ease on muddy tracks. 4" tyres are less good on tarmac roads.
If you want to use the bike mainly for commuting, then puncture proof tyres are desirable but there are better bikes for that like the Rio or Big Bear that come with kevlar tyres.

Marc12345

Aug 3, 2017
Tadworth
Looking closely at the picture you sent Schwalbe tires seem to fit the rim... i am new to biking so just want to make sure these tires definately are ok for that rim ?

Marc12345

Aug 3, 2017
Tadworth
Only Richard has researched the replacement tyres for the FB, so he knows more than me on the subject.
I chose the 3" tyres because they are multipurpose, good on tarmac roads also at ease on muddy tracks. 4" tyres are less good on tarmac roads.
If you want to use the bike mainly for commuting, then puncture proof tyres are desirable but there are better bikes for that like the Rio or Big Bear that come with kevlar tyres.

Thanks for the quick reply i want to cycle through some woods where i live and ride it on the roads where i live on boxhill some nice roads to ride around, i'm just concerned about the tires, what happens when i need a new tire and i have 3" kendras and need a new one, i know you said you have some in stock but what if one day you have not?

Thanks again

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Looking closely at the picture you sent Schwalbe tires seem to fit the rim... i am new to biking so just want to make sure these tires definately are ok for that rim ?
yes, they are. I pumped them up to 45psi to make sure they don't pop out.
They need to be inflated to 25 psi for fast rolling on tarmac roads.

Marc12345

Aug 3, 2017
Tadworth
yes, they are. I pumped them up to 45psi to make sure they don't pop out.
They need to be inflated to 25 psi for fast rolling on tarmac roads.
So you pumped them to 45psi to make sure they dont pop out but you deflate them 25 psi to ride on the road? wont they pop out then?

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
i know you said you have some in stock but what if one day you have not?
there are other people selling fat bike tyres. They are expensive though, like most things for fat bikes. About £50 a tyre.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
So you pumped them to 45psi to make sure they dont pop out but you deflate them 25 psi to ride on the road? wont they pop out then?
that's correct. They run fine at 25 psi. If you use high pressure, you lose the suspension of the tyre.
The difference in suspension between the two tyres (3" Kiniption and Schwalbe Space 2.35) is clear.

Marc12345

Aug 3, 2017
Tadworth
that's correct. They run fine at 25 psi. If you use high pressure, you lose the suspension of the tyre.
The difference in suspension between the two tyres (3" Kiniption and Schwalbe Space 2.35) is clear.
Ok thank you, sorry if its frustrating all these questions i just want a tire i can use in the woods just dirt tracks and on the road, im sure the 3" kendras would be ok, but im just not sure.

Yes i can buy fatboy tires online quite easily i dont mind sending £50 pounds a tire but is it easy to find 3" fatboy tires because i noticed you said you cannot put 4" tires on because of the forks.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk

Marc12345

Aug 3, 2017
Tadworth

Thanks well least you can get them that's a plus, last questions before i order, will the kenda tires on the bike be o'k to take off road ? would i need to change the psi for on road and off road? and do you have spare in stock because i might just buy a couple when i pick it up as spares.

Time for bed soon so last question thanks for your help.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
we have a small stock of 3" kiniption tyres for warranty service. We'll get more in September.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
will the kenda tires on the bike be o'k to take off road ?
yes

would i need to change the psi for on road and off road?
I inflate the 3" kiniption to 17psi as a compromise for both. On tarmac, 20 psi or higher gives good rolling, easy pedaling without power. Off road, 12-15psi gives good grip.
You need a good track pump with a good pressure gauge though.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Velochampion-Pro-High-Pressure-Cycling-Floor-Track-Pump-/112461368535

Marc12345

Aug 3, 2017
Tadworth
yes

I inflate the 3" kiniption to 17psi as a compromise for both. On tarmac, 20 psi or higher gives good rolling, easy pedaling without power. Off road, 12-15psi gives good grip.
You need a good track pump with a good pressure gauge though.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Velochampion-Pro-High-Pressure-Cycling-Floor-Track-Pump-/112461368535
Thank you, i have been speaking to Tony through email and will speak to him tomorrow about making an order. you have been a great help.