UASIS Pioneer L1 LIGHT LITHIUM ELECTRIC-BIKE/BICYCLE

keithhazel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 1, 2007
anybody have anyexperience of the following type of electric folder, the number is the e-bay item number.......270191055741

MaryinScotland

Pedelecer
Dec 14, 2006
Dumfries, SW Scotland
I don't have any knowledge of this bike, but when I read the advert, a few things struck me...

It's written in very poor English. If that's the best they can do for their "shop window", I can foresee problems in communication if there were any problems to be resolved.

They claim their bike is UK road legal, but also say it can be ridden by "age 10+". Not on the road it can't, not to be legal.

They claim max speed 15-30 mph. You'd have to be very fit to pedal a small-wheel bike to 30 mph. On the other hand, if the motor is going to take you to that speed, it is certainly not road-legal.

The warranty specifically does not cover "damage caused by unusual usage." That seems like a catch-all that could invalidate most warranty claims.

Maybe it's a good, cheap bike. But the advertisement does not inspire me with confidence.

Mary

Charlie

Pedelecer
Apr 13, 2007
Hi Mary,
This does seem very similar to a bike I bought my wife back in the summer. Below is what I posted back then. She is still pleased with it today. Power Assisted Bikes by e-bikeshop.co.uk :: City

Charlie.

"Not wanting to spend too much money I bought one of these off EBAY for £250 + £45pp. Power Assisted Bikes by e-bikeshop.co.uk :: City. They seem to auction them for the price I paid but advertise them for the greater amount.

Value for money it seems a good buy. My wife is well pleased with it and will get a lot of use out of it rather than her normal bike which tends to languish in the shed.

I thought I'd post this as a heads-up for anyone who fancies an electirc bike but doesn't want to spend too much for their 1st time. I would say its a fun bike rather than a serious commuter, but you get what you pay for."

keithhazel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 1, 2007
what sort of performance does it give, and any pictures of it ? however i am in total agree ment with the previous poster about the bike i asked about,you either get what you pay for when paying cheap or you get worse, and cheap can be expensive,i have a great synergie folder(sustain cycles call it "edison" have just spent £75 to improve the poor gear ratio which gives me 2mph extra in pedal assist mode but even that is all because its a 24 volt battery which the slightest gradient or wind (breeze even) kills the speed to 10-11mph,my mate told me he was advised never to conside anything less then 24 volt and how true was those words, which is why my ears pricked up when i saw these cheaply priced 36 volt folders...i have a good quality bike which is frustrateing the hell out of me so i have not enough sanity left to go for a very cheap 36 volt one with dreadful advertiseing and wording which legally is illegal....oh the joys of bikes:eek:

fishingpaul

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 24, 2007
i think the main worry with these cheap unheard of bikes,would be obtaining replacement parts eg batteries controllers,they are often shipped in on pallets,with no dealer back up,powacycle and synergy are looking better bets, if you want cheap and cheerfull,at least they are becoming established sellers.

keithhazel

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 1, 2007
lol..its a synergie i have thats given me problems with serious underpower, apart from that its a great folder,comfortable,and the kids all think its brilliant wherever i go....not quitr the same comments from adults mind...:eek:

fishingpaul

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 24, 2007
i think you would find most bikes under powered,with 15mph on a very flat road,any wind or extra weight would slow most bikes further,hills really slow down electric bikes,also most folders,often only do about 12 or 13mph on the flat,due to the smaller wheels.ezee bikes sound much better for speed, but then you are going £700+,and still battery reliability sounds very poor lion or unnobtainable nimh.

fishingpaul

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 24, 2007
i think most electric bikes have their faults,even when spending over 1000 pounds,people are queing up to replace batterys less than a year old, due to cutting out on hills(ezee),at £250 each,and pedals are coming off brand new bikes(agattu).

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
and pedals are coming off brand new bikes(agattu).
Like all bikes, these don't leave the works with pedals on, so not a manufacturing fault.

In fact the crank threads on my test one were found to have excellent cut and finish, the pedals threading on perfectly first time without the slightest difficulty.

Chris

Pedelecer
Sep 11, 2007
Like all bikes, these don't leave the works with pedals on, so not a manufacturing fault.

In fact the crank threads on my test one were found to have excellent cut and finish, the pedals threading on perfectly first time without the slightest difficulty.
And on mine.
Chris