Unidentified scooter

Petercog

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 29, 2018
Chorley
Does anyone recognise the make/model of this e scooter. I recently acquired it without papers. It has no VIN or reg number. Thanks

D

Deleted member 22539

Does anyone recognise the make/model of this e scooter. I recently acquired it without papers. It has no VIN or reg number. Thanks
Hi welcome
I think someone else before you may have acquired it as well with the vin missing and log book

This is a bicycle forum not a moped forum allthou you may be lucky and have someone know here about it
Good luck

Petercog

Apr 29, 2018
Chorley
Hi welcome
I think someone else before you may have acquired it as well with the vin missing and log book

This is a bicycle forum not a moped forum allthou you may be lucky and have someone know here about it
Good luck

That's sort of the point I've stripped all the panels off and can't find any sign of it ever having a VIN. There seams to be a 15 digit number on the frame, which makes me think it might be classed as a bike?

D

Deleted member 22539

That's sort of the point I've stripped all the panels off and can't find any sign of it ever having a VIN. There seams to be a 15 digit number on the frame, which makes me think it might be classed as a bike?
15 digit number may well be the vin
Has it been registered at all
If it’s been on the road it has to have been registered
If not that’s a whole other problem

Petercog

Apr 29, 2018
Chorley
Not here, it would have to have working pedals for any chance of that classification.
The 15 digits are all numbers the VIN is always 17 and includes letters. It might be a frame number. I don't think it's been registered although it's not new. I'd guess about 5 years but there's no odometer so I'm can't estimate mileage.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
The 15 digits are all numbers the VIN is always 17 and includes letters. It might be a frame number. I don't think it's been registered although it's not new. I'd guess about 5 years but there's no odometer so I'm can't estimate mileage.
The only option you have is to take it through Motorcycle Single Vehicle Approval (MSVA) testing, but to do that it will need a VIN number. The link I'm providing below will tell you what you need to know about MSVA and if you scroll down to Vehicle Identification Number there's an address to write to for a new VIN number for your scooter:

MSVA Link

There is an £85 fee for the MSVA test, which can be carried out at the test stations listed at the foot of the page.

Petercog

Apr 29, 2018
Chorley
Thanks for the information I wonder if they'll give me a VIN without a make or model? Maybe I get to name it?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Thanks for the information I wonder if they'll give me a VIN without a make or model? Maybe I get to name it?
The styled name on the front appears to be "Power" as far as I can see, so you could use that as the make.

D

Deleted member 4366

It's a straight-forward electric motorcycle because it has no pedals. You can get some idea of the maximum output power from the controller, which should have some details written on it. Multiply the max current by the nominal volts and then by 0.75.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
That sounds promising. Is that a translation and is it Chinese?
No it is in English, and underneath it says Fashion Power No: 1 with the word fashion in a different colour.

So I'd say Power is the make as that is repeated above in stylised form, and Fashion is the model name. You may be asked the motor power in Watts which may not be marked on it. These are generally between 2.5 and 4.5 KiloWatts. If it's a rather poor performer crawling very slowly uphills, the former. If lively probably the latter.

N.B. Crossed with d8veh post above.