Upping by budget for an ebike. But which one?

KPNUTS#

Pedelecer
Jun 27, 2017
sussex
The issue is, the ebike shop will only add the dongle if you buy the bike from them. Frustrating. See the following:

"For the past few years we have been extremely successful with our exclusive Bosch tuning kits that derestrict the electric bike so that you can reach assisted speeds of over 15mph.

We can now use similar technology on our new Yamaha eBikes arriving shortly. These kits work in a similar way but plumb in differently. Not something you have to worry about as we do the hard work for you for free!

How does it work?
Basically the Yamaha speed tuning dongles trick the system into thinking its going half as fast as it actually is. This allows you the rider to pedal past the 15mph barrier and reach speeds up to 30mph assisted. Although a simple format, the technology behind it is a little more complicated! But you need not worry.

How do you use it?
All you have to do is plug it in when you want the bike derestricted. We plumb the wiring kit into the Yamaha bike before it leaves the workshop.

Can you revert it back to normal?
Yes of course, just unplug it. The cable kit remains but the bike reverts back to normal. When you want it to go faster just plug it back in.

Can I order the Yamaha Tuning Kit on its own?
Yes you can, however it will not be dispatched. It has to be fitted by our workshop technicians exclusively on our own eBikes. Remember you can unplug it, so to save a journey you could have it fitted from new, but unplug it for your first few rides. Then plug it in when you are comfortable with how the eBike performs".

Any ideas?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
so whats the problem?

chris_n

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 29, 2016
Niedeau, Austria
Put the magnet on the pedal spindle and move the rear wheel sensor to suit. Yes the speedo doesn't work but who cares, use a free app on your phone or buy a wired cycle computer if it maters.

KPNUTS#

Pedelecer
Jun 27, 2017
sussex
so whats the problem?
Sorry soundwave. Strange, it missed out some of my text? The issue is, I like the sound of being able to plug something in to derestrict and to remove in seconds simply by unplugging, but they will only do it if you buy a bike from them (which I havent). Also, I dont know what this site use to be able to plug and play so easily. Any ideas?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

Reactions: KPNUTS#