Urban mover problem

Jonathan1

Pedelecer
Nov 21, 2006
Hi,
urban mover has been great for first few weeks. Have just got 25miles on one charge. However, problem may be developing. I notice that when battery is well charged, the power is cutting in and out as I am riding, and it could be about once per rev of pedals. Any thoughts on this. I wonder if there is some sort of power cut out, since it really puts in some torque when battery has been charged? I thought it might be crank sensor, but it doesn't seem to be in same position in each rev.
any ideas?
thanks
Jonathan.
PS: what a great site.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
It sounds like the Pedelec sensor, but are you using it in pedelec mode Jonathan?

If so, have a look under the bottom bracket and see if there's a plastic disc behind the chainwheel with a ring of magnets embedded. This should run quite close to a wired sensor reading from it. It can be dislodged, so if it's a bit too far away, you can jiggle it back along to ensure the sensor picks up the magnetic pulses.

MaryinScotland

Pedelecer
Dec 14, 2006
Dumfries, SW Scotland
According to the UM website, the motor cuts out when the brakes are applied. Could anything be triggering this switch inappropriately?

I'd like to know.... I've just ordered an Urban Mover...

Mary

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Good point Mary, eZee bikes have these same cutouts. If a brake has slack in the adjustment and the lever is bouncing out slightly over bumps, the cutout could be switching in and out.