Value mountain bike

Dai

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 6, 2014
I'm thinking of changing my Raleigh Velo Cite for a bike more suited to gravelly terrain. I won't be off roading but want something that will give a more comfortable ride on canal paths etc as my Raleigh is only comfortable on main roads. I'm looking to spend around £1.5k. Thanks

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
A mountain bike running podgy tyres at a relatively low pressure might be more comfortable than your Raleigh.

A cheaper approach would be to try to improve the comfort of what you have.

A suspension seat post is worth a try, as is running the tyres at a lower pressure.

I'm no fan of suspension forks, but you could try to establish if yours is set up correctly, although there might not be a lot in the way of adjustment.

Podgier tyres would give you roughly the same comfort improvement as a mountain bike.

They would fit on your rims, but may not clear the frame or mudguards.

electrickery

Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2015
fife scotland
I had a test ride on a batribike storm last year.. it was extremely comfortable. At the time it was £1599 but has since reduced to £1299. At that price I may have gone for it but in the meantime I built a hardtail with a kit. Even with suspension seatpost the storm was more comfortable. Really liked it at the time . The full suspension is very comfortable and I think its the oxydrive motor... 2 years warranty on the battery and motor..well worth a look and in your budget.
http://www.batribike.com/electric-bikes/hand-built-in-britain/storm
regards

D

Deleted member 4366

Oxygen did sell a version of it, but the electrics aren't the same as the other Oxygen bikes.

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Kudos have a very wide range of electric mountain bikes...our Tornado bike is one of the top sellers in the UK,although I personally like the Arriba with hydraulic brakes.
Please check our website...,kudos cycles.com
Thanks
KudosDave

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
£889 woosh Sport:

High torque Bafang SWX02 motor, 17A Lishui controller, 13AH HL battery with Samsung cells, magnesium adjustable fork, King Meter LCD. Thumb throttle, soft grips.

http://wooshbikes.co.uk/?sport