voodoo zobop conversion bbs02

dbar

Pedelecer
Nov 17, 2013
Even with a Bling ring (42t) I found chain line a bit off. I've removed the 2 smallest cogs and spaced the cassette out. I now have only 8 gears but a far better chainline in the largest cog (42t) at the rear.

dbar

Pedelecer
Nov 17, 2013
No need for a chain guide. Bling ring has thick/thin teeth which seem to really grip the chain. Not used this bike in anger yet but I've had good results in the past on my voodoo hard tail.

• Agree
Reactions: Fordulike

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
This just gets more difficult now the tiger shark from insat will not fit in the gap at full compression, i broke the battery base:(:mad: lucky jimmy sold me a replacement:) now have to rethink o_O
:rolleyes: might have to go hd and 52 :eek: its what the frame deserves but my card
will not going to sleep on it

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
:confused::confused::confused::confused: SOS HELP NEED ASSISTANCE :confused::confused::confused::confused:
This is turning into a real head ache :(:mad: it will need a whole bottle of aspirin
This is the largest frame they make and the battery fitment is now the problem the triangle has left the building it will not fit by 3mm:eek:

The insat tiger shark fouls on the top radius corner of the pack

So it looks like it will have to be a shark or hailong but all the sizes are approx. on google by some sites measurements it will fit and others it will not up to 12mm difference.
Has any one got a electron cycles 52v they can in the real world measure for me
The worry is the slope on the top front and the radius on the rear
Thanks Peter

Last edited:

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
the battery fitment is now the problem the triangle has left the building it will not fit by 3mm
how about correcting the case with a hacksaw?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
Do not have my ten gallon hat today:)
this build has to look right as well
Have locked the angle grinder an the club hammer away
But on a serious note if the ski slope angle front above the lock and rear are ok it will fit
The cardboard cut out was ok with the sus locked out:oops: but on compression :eek:

Last edited:

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
Checked out the dark side:( I have champagne tastes with lemonade money going have to make do with the 36 volt kit I have already have this time
When I looked at the total I just could not hit the pay now button :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Ebyke

Pedelecer
Mar 9, 2018
London
Checked out the dark side:( I have champagne tastes with lemonade money going have to make do with the 36 volt kit I have already have this time
When I looked at the total I just could not hit the pay now button :rolleyes:
Mate WTF are you up to..this convertion seems a real bar Stuard...this is the trouble with building ...that's what I Said about measurements..it seems weird but whenever I see a nice quality bike parked up I find myself compelled to look a bit closer..bottom bracket / battery clearance..poss motor fitment..I know ..and that's before I've nicked it..only joking..it seems good converting them but not all frames are a good convertion..and bloody sad after spending hard earnt cash...

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

150kw 200bhp ;)

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
Would need to find the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow for that build 200bhp soundwave :eek: worth more than my car I suspect

The bits are slowly fitting into place lots of cardboard cut outs and sticky back plastic waiting on battery case :rolleyes::mad:

Ebyke

Pedelecer
Mar 9, 2018
London
Would need to find the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow for that build 200bhp soundwave :eek: worth more than my car I suspect

The bits are slowly fitting into place lots of cardboard cut outs and sticky back plastic waiting on battery case :rolleyes::mad:
Now that would make a nice ride..sorry officer I thought the legal limit was 250bhp not watts..

peter.c

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 24, 2018
thurrock essex
This is moving forward at a snails pace the drive train is sorted :D
the battery is more of a problem need to find a hailong 2 case the older version 92mmx92mm x 365 mm or one with 30q already fitted no one seems to have uk stock
the newer 110mm will not fit

Last edited: