Walk along mode 2012 kalkhoff agattu 8 panasonic

zebody

Pedelecer
Oct 19, 2009
East Yorkshire
My mate just got a swanky kalkhoff pro connect with the walk along feature.
My Mrs now wants her 2012 kalkhoff agattu 8 panasonic with the same facility.
Anyone know if there is a retro mod available?
Thanks in advance
Zebody

JamesC

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 1, 2007
Peterborough, UK
As far as I know, all of the 26v Panasonic motors are equipped with the socket to take the "walk along" pushbutton throttle. It drives at walking pace when top gear is selected on a standard bike, or a little faster than walking pace with a faster "sports" bike.
Useful to check that you have a spare access hole with rubber grommet into the down tube of the frame to feed the cable down to the motor. Otherwise the cable can be clipped to the outside of the tube, but it can be a little untidy.
The throttle comes with the cable plug disassembled so that it can be fed into the frame tube. Remember that it is much easier to put the cable pins INTO the plug than take them out.

Click on this link to see one of the German suppliers who sell the throttle.

http://www.akkurad.de/shop/de/verschleissteile-panasonic/schiebehilfe-anfahrhilfe-nachruestsatz-panasonic-e-bike-motoren-26v

JamesC

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Another tick for commen sense from d8veh at 60p buy a spare or three.

TinKitten

Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2014
Abergavenny
www.pottylou.co.uk
I wondered whether this was on the KTM ecrossP as it appears in the instruction book - is it an additional feature?
I bought one for my KTM eLycan P. I ordered it through the dealer that sold me the bike. It's proved invaluable to me for coping with off road hills that are too steep and rough to cycle up. I was able fit it myself which means that a monkey could install it as my mechanical knowhow is zero and the instructions were in German.

zebody

Pedelecer
Oct 19, 2009
East Yorkshire
Thanks for comments folks but I took the advice but no place to plug anything in the Motor is 26v Panasonic ref NUA02 BRA could it be prior to socket 2011?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
With the old type Panasonic crank motor the connectors are underneath the cowlings. Here's a photo showing what comes out of the motor there, the battery platform and the three connectors, one of which should accept the throttle:

With the new type motor it's similar except all three of those connectors are white, seen on this photo at top left:

Last edited:

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
The connectors are under the cowling, left hand side if I remembercorrectly. They are usually inside a tough plastic bag which has then been pushed inside the frame.

zebody

Pedelecer
Oct 19, 2009
East Yorkshire
Great many thanks folks, I love pics , now I will try to get one below 82euros.

D

Deleted member 4366

When it comes, can you let us know whats involved in fitting it? It would be nice to know what connector it fits to and what voltages are on those connectors, so that we can figure cheaper ways to do it.

Geebee

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 26, 2010
Australia
Yow, I just fitted a throttle to my Tonaro to allow walk along for off road, it cost 6 euro delivered, mind you the Australian distributor was over 4 times that with delivery for the official one.

mike killay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 17, 2011
Just shows how popular throttles are.
Geebee, as far as I am aware, most Tonaros either come with full throttle as did mine, or they can be fitted as an extra.

Geebee

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 26, 2010
Australia
I dislike using the throttle on my bike and it is only there due to the fact I can barely walk but refuse to stop riding stupidly steep off road tracks. :)
Having used it today I would not bother with a throttle on a Tonaro for road use, compared to PAS it feels very awkward and not at all like riding a bike.
Personal opinion only.