Want to join the fun but need help

Pequeno

Just Joined
May 15, 2018
Woking
I am looking to buy my first ebike. I will be using it for a short commute, (mostly uphill), during the week and some fun at the weekends, (light off road, eg. overgrown tow paths, railway cuttings, etc.).

The problem I am having is finding the right size. I am just under 5ft 2in but have short legs. My old bicycle is a 14" frame with 26" wheels. I am really looking for a maximum of a 15" frame so I can have a suspension seat post.

I have already tried the 2018 Moustache 28.3 & 27.3, (which I love, but are expensive), Haibike Hardlife 2, Whyte Coniston & Liv Amiti E+. I also tried the Kalkhoff Entice but this was too big.

These are all at the top end of my budget so can anyone suggest any others that might be suitable?

My husband has also suggested that I might get on better with an IGH but these seem to be few and far between, even more so in a small frame, but any suggestions would be appreciated.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
All you can do is try bike's for size, may be open your scope for suitable bikes and consider a step thru. Rear hub drive is as equally as good as mid /crank drive unless it is hard core off roading you are looking for.

IGH may lack the range of gears even with electric assist for hilly terrain unless it has a Rolhoff IGH. Though as I have done, use a 2X front chain ring with alfine 8.

Trevormonty

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 18, 2016
NZ
Checkout Gepida Reptila 900.

For more capable offroad bike reise & mueller Nevo in small frame with 26" wheels, as bonus it has air shock.

KwikFold

Pedelecer
Feb 2, 2018
Midlands
www.kwikfold.co.uk
is it a road or mountain bike you would like?

As many of our riders range from 5ft- 6ft, the Xite 3 features 7 gears so it is perfect for hilly terrains.
However our wheels are 16" so I'm not such if it suits yours needs.

If you'd like to check us out though here is the link:
https://www.kwikfold.co.uk

The nearest dealers we have to you are in Hertfordshire, Reading & London too.

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
I am looking to buy my first ebike. I will be using it for a short commute, (mostly uphill), during the week and some fun at the weekends, (light off road, eg. overgrown tow paths, railway cuttings, etc.).

The problem I am having is finding the right size. I am just under 5ft 2in but have short legs. My old bicycle is a 14" frame with 26" wheels. I am really looking for a maximum of a 15" frame so I can have a suspension seat post.

I have already tried the 2018 Moustache 28.3 & 27.3, (which I love, but are expensive), Haibike Hardlife 2, Whyte Coniston & Liv Amiti E+. I also tried the Kalkhoff Entice but this was too big.

These are all at the top end of my budget so can anyone suggest any others that might be suitable?

My husband has also suggested that I might get on better with an IGH but these seem to be few and far between, even more so in a small frame, but any suggestions would be appreciated.
Husbands, hah! What do they know.
There's a great shop in Southampton, Drayton Cycles, with plenty of bikes to try, all the way down to sub £1,000 and who may have a Juicy Poco in stock for you to try.
Only you can say which feels best for you, following plenty of test rides, hopefully all under one roof.

Pequeno

Just Joined
May 15, 2018
Woking
Thanks for the info. The Gepida Reptila 900 look interesting. I might see if I can locate one nearby to try.
The Poco might be ok but I would prefer 26" wheels minimum at the moment.
Thanks again, the search is still on!

Trevormonty

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 18, 2016
NZ
Thanks for the info. The Gepida Reptila 900 look interesting. I might see if I can locate one nearby to try.
The Poco might be ok but I would prefer 26" wheels minimum at the moment.
Thanks again, the search is still on!
My wife switched from 28" step through to 26" Reptila. The frame worked out to be lot better fit for her, smaller wheels make for shorter wheel base, tighter turning circle. Handlebars are lower along with rack, low centre of gravity helps with handling. With 28" she kind of sat in bike instead of on it.

All components are excellent quality, they've not cut any corners to save money.