Wanted: Bafang BBS02 LCD Display

spikey

Pedelecer
Aug 6, 2013
My display is dead and no longer respond and need a working bike to get around.

I currently have a C961 display and so would prefer this. But will be interested in any other model too.

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
Sage move spikey my motor failed and I had a gut instinct that it was the motor but the company said it would be the controller, safe to say it cost me 55 bucks to replace a part that worked another 209 for a new kit, on the up side the old controller packed up the other day so I was quick to replace the spare.

Its a shame no ones got a spare you could borrow to test it. I share in your pain "e-bikelessness" is the hardest part of owning an e-bike

spikey

Pedelecer
Aug 6, 2013
Thanks PC2017. Would be great if there was a local shop that can check a component as I don't mind paying for a new one if I definitely know that it is faulty. Shame ebike is still a niche market.

Steve UKLSRA

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 29, 2015
Porthmadog
www.ukbusas.org
Where on this planet are you Spikey? Someone local may be able to help you...

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
When mine was out of action my mate was will to unplug his and test my parts but I had to wait a month for him to finish working away, the cheeky part was the local bike shop had all the equipment to test mine but because I didn't buy me bike off them... you know that old chestnut - and I would have paid a tenner for them to test it!

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
Just wondering if a KT LCD3 would work, maybe some one on here has a spare you would have to check the input wire specs

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Just wondering if a KT LCD3 would work, maybe some one on here has a spare you would have to check the input wire specs
It will in all probability be incompatible.
Bafang will have a designed it and have it made by either themselves, a sister company or a tech company like Tianjin APT Development Co. who supply the c965.

Last edited:

PC2017

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 19, 2017
Scunthorpe
Really happy for you man, as they say were there's a will, there's a way... However like you say there's now a cost involved - A lesson for all if you want an ebike save up double what you need and you'll be covered, I am now saving up for, which I was originally saving up for, a new bike when my motor packed up - remember an ebikes not just for xmas lol

Before you order your new display and I am just speculating here but unscrew it first, it might have a memory battery in it say a CR3032 it might have just died!

spikey

Pedelecer
Aug 6, 2013
Before you order your new display and I am just speculating here but unscrew it first, it might have a memory battery in it say a CR3032 it might have just died!
Yes there is a battery but have already replaced it. Thanks.

As it is now working albeit without display, I think I keep it this way as there is much more room on my handlebar. I might get a phone holder for navigation purposes as I'm always getting lost.:mad: