Wanted: Bosch HMI display for GEN 1 Bosch powered e-bike

Discussion in 'Electric Bike Classifieds' started by Tony Osborne, Feb 23, 2018.

1. Tony Osborne

Tony Osborne Just Joined

Hi,

I need one of these for my AVE XH-3 after water got in.

Thanks

2. atheo

atheo Finding my (electric) wheels

Would an Intuvia display be of any use to you?

3. atheo

atheo Finding my (electric) wheels

I take it as no then!

4. Tony Osborne

Tony Osborne Just Joined

Sorry, been a long time since I checked this forum.I am not sure how easy ti would be to upgrade to the Intuvia display? Thanks

5. PC2017

PC2017 Finding my (electric) wheels

Would it not have dried out by now:p My KT-LCD3 got water in it after I power washed the bike, I used the old method of leaving it in rice for a week, its worked ever since no problems, luckily I had a spare I could use whilst it was drying out.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Tony Osborne

Tony Osborne Just Joined

Hi, yes, it never stopped working but some of the characters are now missing, making it difficult to read your range and settings etc

7. PC2017

Did you ever find a replacement one? The internet of things says the worse thing you can do after water damage is turn on said device, it is better to dry out the water for 7-14 days before attempting a boot up!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. Tony Osborne

Tony Osborne Just Joined

No, still looking, not willing to pay £100+!

9. PC2017

Yep I don't blame you - even if its out of warranty, did you ever ring or email bosch? "some times" on very rare occasions these nice big companies can show a side of compassion towards the people who buy their products and if the display was supposed to be water proof or resistant, they may consider giving you a new display, I find the earlier you ask out of warranty the better and just on the odd occasion I have been known to mention that I "might" be doing a Youtube video featuring said product and then, only sometimes a nice new part appears like magic in my posties hand!

10. Tony Osborne

Tony Osborne Just Joined

Hi, I think at 5 years old it's unlikely they will show that kind of goodwill.... but they could at least consider dropping the price on what is essentially and obsolete part and had a known issue with water getting in. And it was more expensive and inferior to the Intuvia which reolaced it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice