Water Bottle on Full Sus E-Bikes

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
Just fitted this and am well pleased.. It takes my combined bottle and pump mount without getting in the way whilst pedalling. The ratchet fitting system is lake a jubilee clip so will fit anywhere.. View from the top shows that my folding floor pump is tucked away underneath..2017-05-17 18.56.32.jpg 2017-05-17 17.25.02.jpg 2017-05-17 18.56.44.jpg 2017-05-17 19.06.33.jpg 2017-05-17 19.06.55.jpg 2017-05-17 19.09.11.jpg 2017-05-17 19.09.39.jpg

Reactions: LeighPing

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Last edited:

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
I don't like anything that impedes stand over height, but if it works for you, then you have had a good result. :) You now need one of these for those cold Yorkshire rides. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/201919130055?chn=ps&adgroupid=33676502101&rlsatarget=pla-271883429035&abcId=893836&adtype=pla&merchantid=115181353&poi=&googleloc=9045137&device=c&campaignid=707291931&crdt=0

Out of interest, would the supplied ties been long enough to go around the Bosch battery?

No. But they weren't ties they were a worm drive like a jubilee clip, but 2 normal zip ties put together would go around a battery

• Informative

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
It would invalidate your bikes warranty, but once expired, you could possibly drill and fit a couple of rivnuts to the bike, and install a bottle cage.

Actually, another idea has just popped into my head. I wonder if you could use Velcro or Haibike ties to fix a bottle cage to the battery when it is on the bike. It could stay permanently attached to the battery, and just lift on and off with the battery.

I use a Camelbak, which obviously doesn't suit all, but a waist belt bottle carrier such as the ones worn by joggers, might not be a bad compromise.
Turns out that the bottle on the cross bar works ok but is a bit annoying as well when stood at lights etc, so tried it on the battery! Surprisingly easy to cable tie it on but this particular cages mounting points aren't really suitable . Just need one with a wider mounting area and some double sided sticky pads to stop it moving about.
It doesn't affect the battery fitment to the bike at all.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
a better way is to get some rubber shrink rap for the cable ties cut to size and will look much nicer ;)

Reactions: EddiePJ

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
TBH I didnt find the lack of a bottle mount much of an issue until I bought the Giant, which has one on the frame. I often had a drink in my back pack but couldnt be bothered to stop and get it out so in the end I just didnt bother. Offspring was always telling me I dont drink enough on longer outings so am making an effort, on the one hand to drink more and on the other to ditch the backpack!.

• Informative

Monoblock

Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2016
TBH I didnt find the lack of a bottle mount much of an issue until I bought the Giant, which has one on the frame. I often had a drink in my back pack but couldnt be bothered to stop and get it out so in the end I just didnt bother. Offspring was always telling me I dont drink enough on longer outings so am making an effort, on the one hand to drink more and on the other to ditch the backpack!.
Get a camelback (or cheaper equivalent) - I find it easier on my MTB - Focus so it will take a bottle mount and on an unassisted racer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
heat shrink them with rubber as less chance they will move when tight :)

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
  • Informative

Related Articles

Advertisers