Water Bottle on Full Sus E-Bikes

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
Have you enough room to fit a handlebar mounted cage?
I suppose that's the obvious answer but with my cam, garmin and lights it's cluttered enough already.
Bit disappointed I can't make the battery option work, mainly because the cages i have are not designed to be fitted to a flat surface, so will have to continue with having it on top of the cross bar.

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
If you came up its a suitable design to fit around your battery I could probably 3D print you something that would work as an adapter.
If only I had the skills!!
If I use the frame kit I bought it would be ok, but it makes the cage stand out a lot from the battery and I cant get the bottle out of the cage. The cross bar mount is good, but if wearing baggy shorts they can get caught on it when stood off the saddle, which isn't good..
In attempts to modify it I have destroyed the mounts now but, it keeps me out of trouble messing about with it.

Eckythump

Pedelecer
Jan 16, 2017
North Yorkshire Moors
Is the top of the battery flat? If so I could make a hybrid part, plastic with a metal core for the bolts to screw into.
You could then get a side loading bottle cage.
It could be secured with a combination of 3M VHB tape as used on GoPro mounts & zip ties as a back up.
Will give it some thought. Currently battling with my grey fergie trying to top paddocks....

Reactions: EddiePJ

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
Is the top of the battery flat? If so I could make a hybrid part, plastic with a metal core for the bolts to screw into.
You could then get a side loading bottle cage.
It could be secured with a combination of 3M VHB tape as used on GoPro mounts & zip ties as a back up.
Will give it some thought. Currently battling with my grey fergie trying to top paddocks....
Not seen a side mounting cage! That in itself should do it if I can repair the mount!
Googling....

Monoblock

Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2016
Options I can see (many already discussed)

Handle bar cage - Evans sell these

Seat post cage, they actually sit quite high up so are unlikely to bottom on a dropper post but with the dropper down you might find you get a bottle in the nut sack!
You could try a cable tie mount but underneath the top tube with some car trim tape (strong double sided foam padded tape) to help keep in in place, by having it underneath gravity will help to stop it rolling as well.
Change bike, get the focus - an expensive option but if has a place for a bottle cage
Potentially you could fabricate a cable tie round the batter job, I'm assuming it's flat topped but you need to ensure your not putting any pressure on the mount on the connectors - I'd leave this option well alone, keeping 500ml of water next to the batter is asking for trouble, as it modding the mounting.

Or just wear a camel back, you can get ones that go inside bigger back packs as well, I have a. Berghous one, it's got netting for a helmet on the front, a section for a baladder inside and room for a large D-Lock, 2m thick cable lock, pump, tubes and a host of other stuff but the bag itself is quite small.

Lastly, plan lots of pub stops on your ride [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree
Reactions: Steve A

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
Options I can see (many already discussed)

Handle bar cage - Evans sell these

Seat post cage, they actually sit quite high up so are unlikely to bottom on a dropper post but with the dropper down you might find you get a bottle in the nut sack!
You could try a cable tie mount but underneath the top tube with some car trim tape (strong double sided foam padded tape) to help keep in in place, by having it underneath gravity will help to stop it rolling as well.
Change bike, get the focus - an expensive option but if has a place for a bottle cage
Potentially you could fabricate a cable tie round the batter job, I'm assuming it's flat topped but you need to ensure your not putting any pressure on the mount on the connectors - I'd leave this option well alone, keeping 500ml of water next to the batter is asking for trouble, as it modding the mounting.

Or just wear a camel back, you can get ones that go inside bigger back packs as well, I have a. Berghous one, it's got netting for a helmet on the front, a section for a baladder inside and room for a large D-Lock, 2m thick cable lock, pump, tubes and a host of other stuff but the bag itself is quite small.

Lastly, plan lots of pub stops on your ride [emoji12]

You have steered me in a promising direction. So will fit the broken mount with zip ties and go see what bike shop has 're side loading cages..
This idea is to not having to use any sort of backpack.

• Dislike
Reactions: Steve A

Eckythump

Pedelecer
Jan 16, 2017
North Yorkshire Moors
It's alright having a Focus where there is somewhere for a bottle mount but you cannot get hold of the holder or TEC battery.
Still waiting for mine and they are saying August now.......

Monoblock

Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2016
It's alright having a Focus where there is somewhere for a bottle mount but you cannot get hold of the holder or TEC battery.
Still waiting for mine and they are saying August now.......
Joy, was about to chase mine as they said 25th June.

Been waiting for a bike since the Haibike died in September and now it's coming piece meal.

No chance of chipping this one either (yes I know I shouldn't)

Big Malky

Pedelecer
Jan 10, 2015
Try a military water bottle pouch on the handlebars.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kinninvie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 5, 2013
Teesdale,England
This would work.

Related Articles

Advertisers