Waterproofing Bosch System

falmouthtony

Esteemed Pedelecer
Inventive ideas required for temporarily waterproofing intuvia display, control button and battery if caught in an unexpected torrential downpour with no hope of shelter.

Must be easy and light to pack up and carry in saddlebag / backpack :)

That's today's challenge.

GLJoe

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 21, 2017
UK
Inventive ideas required for temporarily waterproofing intuvia display, control button and battery if caught in an unexpected torrential downpour with no hope of shelter.

Must be easy and light to pack up and carry in saddlebag / backpack :)

That's today's challenge.
small rolled up piece of cling film.

Reactions: falmouthtony

GLJoe

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 21, 2017
UK
Have you managed to make it stick and stay on really well over all the awkward shapes in heavy rain GLJ?
I tried once but not too successful. Maybe it was just cheap and nasty cling film I used.
make sure its big enough so it wraps around everything with a fair bit to spare and so it sticks to itself.
Some film isn't so sticky though - its more like smooth thin plastic rather than 'clingy'.
A rubber band can also help!

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
  • Informative
Reactions: falmouthtony

John5001

Pedelecer
Oct 6, 2014
Cut a clear plastic bag to size and secure with cable tie. Pierce under side to allow venting.

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
In the early days (Bosch Classic/Intuvia) I worried about getting things wet and carried a sandwich bag to cover the display but soon got fed up and didn't bother. Had that bike for over 3 years and used it daily in all weathers winter and summer and even stopped bothering to dry it off after a dousing.. Only thing that went wrong was the intuvia phone charging socket stopped working, but that was only the cable end had gone a bit rusty and a new one (charging cable) sorted that out.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
I lived really near Condom for a few years. It was a real pain driving there because you would have cars stopped in the middle of the road so that American tourists could get their selfie next to the sign... :eek:

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
  • :D
Reactions: Gubbins