Went a bit far

Ballynoes

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 13, 2017
Perthshire Scotland
I decided to strip my bike down to give it a good clean.... think I took it a bit far.

If anyone is interested, taking the Bosch Performance CX motor out is simple and there are only 3 bolts.

Gave it all a damn good clean and now it's like new..... now to get it dirty again :D

IMG_20180819_140705599.jpg

Reactions: EddiePJ

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
I decided to strip my bike down to give it a good clean.... think I took it a bit far.

If anyone is interested, taking the Bosch Performance CX motor out is simple and there are only 3 bolts.

Gave it all a damn good clean and now it's like new..... now to get it dirty again :D

View attachment 26505
Doesn't look particularly clean to me! You missed a bit, well, actually you seem to have missed a lot.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
o_O Eddieeeeee, have a word !!

• :D
Reactions: flecc and EddiePJ

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
tho good time to get some lock tight on them motor bolts ;)

Ballynoes

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 13, 2017
Perthshire Scotland
:D:D:D

I'm going on the principle, of that's why I stripped it down, because it was dirty.

I was interested to see if there was any sign of water near the motor, but dry as a bone.

For info, there is a direct route from the battery compartment right down onto the motor, (poor design me thinks) so I will be careful in-future how much water I put in there. :-(

Not quite back together, just waiting on a new chain coming.

Replaced the front sprocket as well for a smaller size.

Just phoned Specsavers... ;)

• :D
Reactions: lyme and Gubbins

Ballynoes

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 13, 2017
Perthshire Scotland
Eddie,

that's a sore point, it came from my bike carrier, there is a screw head right where it sits on the carrier. :(.

I now put a padded cloth there every time I strap it to the car.:oops:

• Informative

awol

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 4, 2013

Any screws left over with nowhere to put them when put back together?

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
:D:D:D

I'm going on the principle, of that's why I stripped it down, because it was dirty.

I was interested to see if there was any sign of water near the motor, but dry as a bone.

For info, there is a direct route from the battery compartment right down onto the motor, (poor design me thinks) so I will be careful in-future how much water I put in there. :-(

Not quite back together, just waiting on a new chain coming.

Replaced the front sprocket as well for a smaller size.

Just phoned Specsavers... ;)
I run two different sized inexpensive front sprockets and swap between them when I change the chain. The idea being that as i tend to run one or two cogs on the cassett more than the others it shares the wear on the more expensive cassette and hopefully makes it last longer. Last cassette was jumping, but was only worn on one cog# and replacement was expensive.

EddiePJ

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 7, 2013
Crowborough, East Sussex
www.facebook.com
Eddie,

that's a sore point, it came from my bike carrier, there is a screw head right where it sits on the carrier. :(.
I can sympathise with you on that one. The first time that I put the KTM Lycan in my van, a ladder fell onto it and caused very similar damage.

I accept and expect damage and marks through fair ware and tear, and don't see them as an issue, but damage caused through negligence on my part really bugs me.

Fat Rat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2018
UK
I accept and expect damage and marks through fair ware and tear, and don't see them as an issue, but damage caused through negligence on my part really bugs me.
I’m exactly the same
And even more so if someone else causes damage to my stuff :(

• Agree

Related Articles

Advertisers