What annoys me about some posts

mike killay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 17, 2011
I have ridden a friends Pendleton (Non electric).
It was fine. Obviously styled and painted to appeal to women, it is a nice looking bike.
I tend to take a Dutch approach and consider a bike to be something like a pair of shoes. It enables me to go places.
The Pendleton has a saddle, handlebars, wheels, 3 speed and its a ................er.......bike.
Bikes of this type have now be made for over 100 years and just like a knife fork and spoon set have had all the problems ironed out ages ago.
You get on it, turn the pedals and it goes. You put the brakes on and it stops.
To call it crap is ridiculous.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
it was this tho link does work my end?

D

Deleted member 4366

You're looking at it the wrong way round, Soundwave. It's not how much you get back, it's how much you lose. The cost of having the bike is the difference between how much you pay for it and how much you sell it for. For a good used Pendleton, that would be about £200. For a bike like yours bought new, that would be closer to £2000 - ten times as much.

Last edited by a moderator:

Danidl

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 29, 2016
Ireland
It's the same with everything you buy in a shop, .. we are called consumers for a reason. Did you buy that sofa with the intention of selling it on at a profit?. No you bought it to sit on and watch the telly. Same with any new bike, electrical or push...

Gringo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2013
Northampton
'Sfunny - don't watch the telly on my bike
I do, when I'm at the gym :p
when I had a trainer at home I would do 50 minuets ( the length of one episode of TNG ) twice a week in the winter ;)

Last edited:

Paul smith

Pedelecer
Mar 26, 2016
My mum been ill lately..had to look after her dog..a staff. where ever I was sitting..if I got up to go make a cuppa an wot not..guanteed she be sitting in my chair when I got back ...no matter what chair I was sitting in she be there...what I'm saying is ..take your chair with you where ever you go..