What can I do with my old Bosch Classic MTB (parts)?

halfer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Hi all

I have a well-used Ave XH3 that has rather seen better days. It's five years old, and still works! However, it also has:
  • some scratching on the bodywork as a result of road accident
  • a lot of battery sag in the original battery
  • a liquid crystal leak in the display
  • a need for some maintenance
I am minded that it won't be cost-effective to refurbish this in order to sell it, and I've already got my money's worth out of it - it probably paid for itself in my not having to run a car.

I therefore got in touch with a local bike-refurbishing co-operative, and they said that if I donated the bike, they'd be happy to strip the bike for non-electric parts. That's OK, since they are worth supporting, but it would leave a working set of Bosch Classic electrics that would probably end up in landfill.

Does anyone know of any charitable causes that would take a whole e-bike, and actually know what to do with it?

Or, I have asked the co-operative that, if they were to strip it down, whether they would courier the electric parts to someone in the UK. Thus, if anyone would know of a home the electric parts could go to, that would actually use them, that would be good as well. I fear in this case, the frame will be sent to scrap, but perhaps it will be melted down and become a kettle! ;)

Related Articles

Advertisers