What do you carry in your repair kit?

danielrlee

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 27, 2012
Westbury, Wiltshire
torquetech.co.uk
An earlier post by drsolly today concerning roadside repairs got me thinking about my repair kit and and wondering about other people's. What do you carry with you to assist with unexpected repairs?

Here's mine:

In it are:
Puncture repair kit (I don't carry a spare tube);
Gerber multi-tool;
Leatherman micro multi-tool;
Multi Allen key tool (1.5-8mm);
Fuses;
Small adjustable wrench;
Mini pump w/ built-in gauge;
Electrical tape;
Duct tape;
Zip ties;
Cell-level lipo tester (not pictured);
And for those non-bike related emergencies, a roll of toilet paper.

Everything except the pump and loo roll fits inside the little container in the top-left of the image, which is then all thrown into my rucksack which I'm never without.

So, what's in yours?

Wander

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2013
Eff all in mine!

Which is why last weekend I had to call one of my kids to come & load Dad's bike complete with punctured rear tyre in the back of his car.

I thought it was a nice bit of role reversal!

Also enjoyed a pint whilst waiting :).

Reactions: EddiePJ and Jimod

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
I always have

Multi tool with Allen keys and basic drivers

Cable ties !! The number one most useful and used item

A co2 inflator and one canister

Wire cable - about 1m

Electrical tape

A metre length Kevlar cord

A 6s lipo alarm /tester

A ten pound note

If I take my bike away on a long trip far away from public transprtt by myself or on back of car ie in a camping holiday

Then I also take a gas powered soldering iron and solder

D

Deleted member 4366

An earlier post by drsolly today concerning roadside repairs got me thinking about my repair kit and and wondering about other people's. What do you carry with you to assist with unexpected repairs?

Here's mine:

In it are:
Puncture repair kit (I don't carry a spare tube);
Gerber multi-tool;
Leatherman micro multi-tool;
Multi Allen key tool (1.5-8mm);
Fuses;
Small adjustable wrench;
Mini pump w/ built-in gauge;
Electrical tape;
Duct tape;
Zip ties;
Cell-level lipo tester (not pictured);
And for those non-bike related emergencies, a roll of toilet paper.

Everything except the pump and loo roll fits inside the little container in the top-left of the image, which is then all thrown into my rucksack which I'm never without.

So, what's in yours?
It must be some emergency if you need a whole roll of bog paper!

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
A puncture is by far the most likely breakdown, so I carry a spare tube, scab patches, pump, and an aerosol of that repair/inflator goo which probably wouldn't work.

A multi-tool for other minor fettling, for everything else there's always Mastercard.

Reactions: Cyclezee

danielrlee

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 27, 2012
Westbury, Wiltshire
torquetech.co.uk
Eff all in mine!

Which is why last weekend I had to call one of my kids to come & load Dad's bike complete with punctured rear tyre in the back of his car.

I thought it was a nice bit of role reversal!

Also enjoyed a pint whilst waiting :).
You might as well cash-in after all the years. At least with a beer it wasn't a complete balls-up.

danielrlee

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 27, 2012
Westbury, Wiltshire
torquetech.co.uk
I always have

Multi tool with Allen keys and basic drivers

Cable ties !! The number one most useful and used item

A co2 inflator and one canister

Wire cable - about 1m

Electrical tape

A metre length Kevlar cord

A 6s lipo alarm /tester

A ten pound note

If I take my bike away on a long trip far away from public transprtt by myself or on back of car ie in a camping holiday

Then I also take a gas powered soldering iron and solder
Hmmm... I haven't done more than a long days riding so far, but I always thought I'd take a portable iron if I were to do anything further. Is gas still favoured over battery power?

Also, the note is a good idea. I shall do the same.

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
Hmmm... I haven't done more than a long days riding so far, but I always thought I'd take a portable iron if I were to do anything further. Is gas still favoured over battery power?

Also, the note is a good idea. I shall do the same.
Gas is far batter - it's a simple matter of energy density and price I think

carpetbagger

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 20, 2007
blackburn
spare chain link and remover tool.

Kuorider

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2014
Proper spanners for all nuts,double end screwdriver, Boardman pump ,all these in saddle tube plugged with cleaning cloth .
In small saddle bag,- first aid kit, puncture repair, spare tyre valve & tool type cap, co2 inflator, large Swiss army knife, bike multi tool,spoke key ,tiny torch, hand wipes,para cord & zip ties.
In jacket/back back,- phone, midge repellent, waterproofs , small poly dust sheet for temporary shelter,(takes up no space and weighs nothing but a boon in a remote area in teeming rain fixing something),food & water.

drsolly

Pedelecer
Jan 21, 2014
In saddle bag:
Open ended spanners, bike multitool, pump, spare inner tube, puncture repair kit, fuses, spare wire, terminal connectors, 5v step-down board (to power PDA if need be), external battery for iphone (which also has a backup navigation system), zip ties, silicone bands, small front light (just so I can be seen), small rear light, toilet roll, bike lock

In shoulder bag (this is my geocaching bag):
small torch, multi tool with pliers, forceps, multitool with scissors, splinter remover tweezers, needle nose tweezers, flashing purple light (so that when I tempoerarily leave the bike in the dark in the middle of a forest, I can find it again), first aid kit, anti sting and bite applicator, pencil, biro, gel pen, spare batteries for PDA, folding money wrapped up well and well hidden, spare battery for torch, magnet, magnifying glass, string, spare shoelace, insulating tape, sellotape, rubber bands, notebook, hand wipes, waterproof for PDA.

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
Crossed fingers and a Swiss Army knife.

Hugh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2009
Crossed fingers and a Swiss Army knife.
Small pump, spare tube, tyre levers, multi-tool, plus extra tube and puncture kit if out with SWMBO.

Kinninvie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 5, 2013
Teesdale,England
Can of puncture repair foam, pump and a £10 note which is plenty to get me four double brandies at my local.
After that, all my troubles just disappear.
I also take my phone of course.

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
Can of puncture repair foam, pump and a £10 note which is plenty to get me four double brandies at my local.
After that, all my troubles just disappear.
I also take my phone of course.
2.50 a double brandy ?!

Either an amazing local or it's the stuff that's only good for the Christmas pudding and setting alight !