What does this do? its for the Bafang BBS01 and 02 motors

whiteturbo

Pedelecer
Jul 22, 2016
Bristol UK
8fun Bafang DP E12.UART Display with Bluetooth (Android) and USB For BBS01 BBS02 mid motor.

I cant find a jpg to download to show what it looks like but if you copy the above line into google it will show it. It seems to fit on your handlebars and appears to be a simple plastic led type display, but i cant work out whether its to replace your normal display or to supplement it, i found a pdf for it but it didn't show how to connect it, just its specs. It has an app to go with it and if its a display replacement i cant see the point of the app unless you have your mobi on your handlebars too.
If its a replacement display it would be good to make my bike more stealthy and it would garner(good word that) less attention from thieves as it can't be confused with a bike computer.

I would be grateful if anyone has any knowledge of this little device and what it is actually capable of.
Thanks guys!

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
And we wish that KT would copy it soon... ;)

• Agree
Reactions: Wheel-E

whiteturbo

Pedelecer
Jul 22, 2016
Bristol UK
Right it was what i thought then, thanks guys, now can i afford it yet hmm, of course i can. Pity they dont do one for my Tongsheng as well.

Just ordered it so will see and will report findings.

Last edited:

spanos

Pedelecer
Feb 18, 2011
Great find whiteturbo!

Perfect for stealth but also a good swap out for the lcd in terrible weather , I’d guestimate it’s a darn site more weather proof

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Great find whiteturbo!

Perfect for stealth but also a good swap out for the lcd in terrible weather , I’d guestimate it’s a darn site more weather proof
cwah needs 3... :rolleyes:

footpump

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 19, 2014
good little gadget
lots of ebike stuff on there site
but is it free shipping?

whiteturbo

Pedelecer
Jul 22, 2016
Bristol UK
The good News, it arrived and it seems to work.
The Bad news, 1st they sent it to a guy in Austria, and i got his BMS so we had to pay to swap them around, they did say we could reclaim postage.
The real bad news, the lead is far too short,and for it to even reach the handlebars i need an extension of about 18 inches. Wish i had not bothered.

whiteturbo

Pedelecer
Jul 22, 2016
Bristol UK
I have got the lead now and have fitted it and its OK up to a point.
P1020081.JPG

I am having a problem with the App though. I can only log on as a guest which limits what i can adjust, for example the speed is in KPH and although i could adapt i prefer MPH. I am also unhappy that the battery readout is either in bars or percent neither of which i have found of much use in the past, i need volts then i know exactly where i am. To be fair i have only done a short ride down the road(it started raining) since i fitted it so maybe i can get past those minor problems.

P1020080.JPG

My phone is a little bit on the large side so maybe a smaller cheap/older Android phone would be a good investment. I will play with it for a few weeks and see if i can get it to do the job. I dont need to use the moby of course as it works perfectly well with the little display but i do like to know how fast i am going. I have looked at one called eggrider but £75 and no reviews of it yet, I think i'll stick with what i have and see if i can sort it out.

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
Surely the whole point of this minimal display is to do away with all the unnecassary data that the LCD gives you. If you feel the need to know speed and volts etc. just stick with what you have already.

whiteturbo

Pedelecer
Jul 22, 2016
Bristol UK
My concern is the thieving junkies who see something like an lcd display and think its an expensive bike computer, i can take the moby with me, plus i dont need to see the speed etc, i was just testing the app that connects via Bluetooth, ideally when i get used to it i wont use the phone.