What happened to the Heinzmann Directpower hub motor?

7cfm

Pedelecer
Aug 18, 2011
It was launched at Eurobike 2010 and there are a few scant details on the Heinzmann website. No-one seems to be selling it and there are no technical details that I can find apart from its a direct drive brushless hub motor.

It should be a quality bit of kit coming from Heinzmann, any-one got any details?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I've wondered the same but have seen no further news of it. Heinzmann have never been particularly good at promotion, but their silence on this is strange. Perhaps the success of the Swiss direct drive motor used in the Storck Raddar, Matra and a number of other e-bikes has prompted them to not bother trying to hard against such a similar product which is already successful. The widespread popularity of the Sparta/Koga direct drive motor in the low countries might also have been a deterrent, especially now its torque has been increased.

Cakey

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 4, 2012
At one time team hybrid were selling these, I hear Mark is now selling the falco e , wireless system with Rakesh .
Saw the booth at eurobike and it looks to be very close to launch.

Cakey

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 4, 2012
If you need some info on what goes on inside the Heinzmann motor , which is not easy to get hold of .
Have a look at kinetics.org , Ben has posted on his blog some very good info.
Thanks Ben :)