What is this called

horseunderwater

Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2017
cb7 5qu
i wonder if you knowledgeable people could tell what this connector is
i want to spl
it it in two to run front and back lights .the controller information i have tell me this is for lights

Attachments

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I don't know it's name but it is a fairly common one used.
Easy option is to splice a wire in to it after the connector and wrap a bit of amalgamating tape to prevent shorting or cut the wire slide on heat shrink down the wire, re-solder together then slide the HS over the joint and shrink it to seal.

Powerbikes

Trade Member
Sep 11, 2017
Whitehaven
www.powerbikes.uk
Looks like a variation of a 2 pin molex connector.

Instead of trying to find the exact one to match I'd probably either do what Nealh said above or cut it off and fit my own plugs.

• Agree
Reactions: LeighPing

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
i wonder if you knowledgeable people could tell what this connector is
i want to spl
it it in two to run front and back lights .the controller information i have tell me this is for lights
the 5V supply on your controller has a limited capability, be careful with how much current you will draw from that plug.

• Informative

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The KT I have from PSWPower uses a combo light/horn 5v loom to power both items, I also wired a rear light in for my town /commute bike use . The sm2 connector used is very small and has no issue with the voltage.

• Informative
D

Deleted member 4366

Measure the voltage between the pins with a voltmeter. It's almost certainly battery voltage, which will limit what type of lights you can use. Banggood.com have some nice ones. You'll find them under motorc6 lights.

• Informative

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I think d8veh has a point. On my Aspen where you have a blue light switch on the 790 LED panel, there is a transistor inside the 790 that switches the battery on to power the lights at 40V.

horseunderwater

Pedelecer
Apr 25, 2017
cb7 5qu
the lights i would like to use are from the giant ebike that is being converted i am hoping these will work, if not i will have to get some battery lights until i can get replacements.
the battery is a 36volt frame mount
and the voltage was 42 when i measured it this morning

Last edited:

Advertisers