where can I buy the panasonic and bosch batteries ?

Gens Ace battery

Trade Member
Oct 19, 2012
shenzhen,China
Hi

Anybody know where can I buy the original PANASONIC 26V battery and BOSCH 36V battery ? the used one is OK if anybody want to sell...

We are interested to research theirs battery.

Thanks in advance.
Benson

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
So that you can copy them I guess...German eBay:rolleyes:

Gens Ace battery

Trade Member
Oct 19, 2012
shenzhen,China
So that you can copy them I guess...German eBay:rolleyes:
Yes, we can... but we do not have the battery case. theirs frame has the patent. you know that...
If we build the shrink battery pack which can fit the original case and can work your bike perfectly, do you have any interest to take ? :)

It is just an idea...

Thanks
Benson

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Mmmm..........maybe but I won't be needing one for a few years yet. Would you use identical cells? I haven't even looked at mine to see how easy they are to crack open

Panasonic batteries can be picked up reasonably in Germany anyway and most would prefer the real thing I would think.

Gens Ace battery

Trade Member
Oct 19, 2012
shenzhen,China
Mmmm..........maybe but I won't be needing one for a few years yet. Would you use identical cells? I haven't even looked at mine to see how easy they are to crack open

Panasonic batteries can be picked up reasonably in Germany anyway and most would prefer the real thing I would think.
heheh.... I understand. As I said it was just my idea. if we plan to do that, we will use our flat lithium polymer cells. BOSCH and Panasonic battery case is square shape. It is suitable for our polymer cells.

I learned they have 2 kinds of battery system 26V (25.2V) and 36V... is these 2 type batteries going with the same size battery case ?

Thanks
Benson

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Not a clue..

Just out of interest do you know what cells Bosch use?

Gens Ace battery

Trade Member
Oct 19, 2012
shenzhen,China
Not a clue..

Just out of interest do you know what cells Bosch use?
we just know they are using the cylindrical 18650 cells, but do not know which brand cells they are using...
Someone said it is Sanyo...but can not sure,... and+they marked " made in Poland " on the battery case... I seems that you know them... share with us.... come on...!

Thanks
Benson

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
That would mean getting out of bed.....

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
THe Panasomic battery is sold by agents of the bikes using their unit, for example, 50cycles offer them as well as the BMZ-Kaklkhoff alternatives. The Panasonic 26 volt one is on this link at £403.

Other sources are agents for the Spanish BH range and agents for the Swiss BikeTec Flyer range, both brands using the original Panasonic batteries. Here's photos if the innards and base with connection details of that 26 volt 10 Ah Panasonic battery:

1) Charge monitoring, presumably by temperature.

2) Negative (-)

3) Battery Meter.

4) Charging Positive (+)

5) Output Positive (+)

N.B. Crossed with the Onbike post.

Last edited:

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Bosch label:

Li-ion 10INR 18/65 - 4
36V 8.0 Ah 288 Wh
Made in Poland

new 11Ah battery now out, slightly bigger case, fits same bike holder, and I would think most looking for a replacement/second battery would prefer that option

tillson

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 29, 2008
I think that the OP isn't looking for a new battery. He is after an old knackerd one for little outlay so that he can work out a way of copying the case and filling it with cells from an alternative source. Maybe this could be beneficial to us all if someone could help him out?

I'd let him have my 4 1/2 year old Panasonic battery, but it still shows full capacity and easily gives me 40 miles range.

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
yes lots of used panasonics around and even the Bosch turn up second hand on ebay..but rarely

But OP is a company not a private individual so surely can afford new if necessary, can always sell it on (sell, get it? i'm such a card...)

Gens Ace battery

Trade Member
Oct 19, 2012
shenzhen,China
THe Panasomic battery is sold by agents of the bikes using their unit, for example, 50cycles offer them as well as the BMZ-Kaklkhoff alternatives. The Panasonic 26 volt one is on this link at £403.

Other sources are agents for the Spanish BH range and agents for the Swiss BikeTec Flyer range, both brands using the original Panasonic batteries. Here's photos if the innards and base with connection details of that 26 volt 10 Ah Panasonic battery:

1) Charge monitoring, presumably by temperature.

2) Negative (-)

3) Battery Meter.

4) Charging Positive (+)

5) Output Positive (+)

N.B. Crossed with the Onbike post.
Hi Flecc,

Thanks for your detailed information. The Panasonic new 36V battery are also using the polymer cells ? and 26V and 36V battery shared the same size battery case ?

How about the kalkhoff panasonic batteries ? also the same size with the original one ?
I am surprised that they can make it more than double capacity to 26V 18Ah.
It seems that the internal size is enough,even can be spare for the original 26V 8Ah battery.

Thanks
Benson

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
There is a thread running on German pedelec at the moment that has all the info you will need regards Bosch battery complete with internal photos etc... The works!

It's a long thread and our German compatriots are well ahead of you, so you had better get your finger out!lol

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Hi Flecc,

Thanks for your detailed information. The Panasonic new 36V battery are also using the polymer cells ? and 26V and 36V battery shared the same size battery case ?

How about the kalkhoff panasonic batteries ? also the same size with the original one ?
I am surprised that they can make it more than double capacity to 26V 18Ah.
It seems that the internal size is enough,even can be spare for the original 26V 8Ah battery.

Thanks
Benson
I'm afraid I don't know the answer on the Panasonic 36 volt battery details.

I think all the the BMZ-Kalkhoff batteries use arrays of 18650 cells like those in the 36 volt 15 Ah internals below, this one being for the Kalkhoff Impulse motor unit (click image to enlarge):

Clipboard01.jpg

rog_london

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 3, 2009
Harrow, Middlesex
I'm afraid I don't know the answer on the Panasonic 36 volt battery details.

I think all the the BMZ-Kalkhoff batteries use arrays of 18650 cells like those in the 36 volt 15 Ah internals below, this one being for the Kalkhoff Impulse motor unit (click image to enlarge):

View attachment 4417
The 36 volt 14Ah Panasonic batteries have a four-pole connection - unlike the 24 volt version in your pic which has 5 poles. Looking down on the side of the battery with the LEDs and the handle at the top, the left pole is indicated as being '+' (call that pole 1) and pole 3 is '-'. The other two poles are unlabelled and I suspect the significant difference from your pic is that there are no longer two positive poles - I believe the charging and output poles are now combined.

It appears that apart from that the connections correspond to yours, though I'm only guessing. Your pic looks as though it's been taken with the battery lying on its side (with the LEDs and handle on the bottom).

Rog.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
That's correct Rog, battery on it's LED and label face. They may have used a common positive, but that doesn't fit well with using a BMS for the charge control. An alternative is that they've done away with the monitoring connection on the 36 volt version, perhaps feeling it not as necessary with the much higher 504 Wh capacity. The original 26 volt battery only had 208 Wh (8 Ah) so could conceivably be more subject to stress.