Where to get bafang?

Recy

Pedelecer
Dec 10, 2016
manchester
It is an option he can consider, but at 99 euro + whatever its a pricey one.
We've searched around and I'm surprised there doesn't seem to be a more affordable alternative to Lekkie/Precialps etc. Definitely a gap in the market.
The search continues however....,.

Recy

Pedelecer
Dec 10, 2016
manchester
Thanks. Price wise they are a step or two in the right direction certainly.
Can't help thinking there is someone out there that is producing something not quite so 'performance' but more economical From what I hear no chainring lasts for very long on a BBSHD anyway and lightness is not an issue for it, seems to us heavier/cheaper and at a price point that is not a heart-breaker to replace a little more frequently would be a sweet spot - that why I think there's poss something around - or maybe a budget adapter from Bafang fitting to standard fitting is available somewhere ?

Last edited:

Recy

Pedelecer
Dec 10, 2016
manchester
Buddy tells me his Precialps 32t chain wheel has arrived - superbly engineered, very light, offset is approx 5mm less than the std Bafang chunk. He'll be pushing the granny gear a space or so out by rearranging his cassette & derailleur stops - loses a couple of gears (no big deal with a bbshd) but set to achieve a reliable chain line.
With a 36t or more granny (42t Wolftooth?) it should be a torque monster.

Apparently Bafang now manufacture a smaller & lighter chain wheel too in response to need, available at Lunacycle.

Recy

Pedelecer
Dec 10, 2016
manchester
Buddy tells me his Precialps 36t chain wheel has arrived - superbly engineered, very light, offset is approx 5mm less than the std Bafang chunk. He'll be pushing the granny gear a space or so out by rearranging his cassette & derailleur stops - loses a couple of gears (no big deal with a bbshd) but set to achieve a reliable chain line.
With a 36t or more granny (42t Wolftooth?) it should be a torque monster.

Apparently Bafang now manufacture a smaller & lighter chain wheel too in response to need, available at Lunacycle.

simonbike

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 1, 2016
london

Russelliow

Pedelecer
Apr 14, 2017
iom
I wish I didn't sell my old dh bike, It would have been great to convert. I have now got a Bosch powered KTM but this thread is valued because my brother wants to convert his bike and I would like to build a shopper.
Thanks for all replys