Which bike for a BBSHD build?

Deus

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 18, 2014
Dewsbury
Can anyone recommend a bike that would make for an easy build with a BBSHD kit 68-73 standard BB mountain bike style ? i have seen quite a few builds where people have had to use spacers or grind chainstays etc i am looking for a smooth first build if at all possible.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk

minexplorer

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 22, 2017
Four Lanes,Cornwall
Can anyone recommend a bike that would make for an easy build with a BBSHD kit 68-73 standard BB mountain bike style ? i have seen quite a few builds where people have had to use spacers or grind chainstays etc i am looking for a smooth first build if at all possible.
I had no trouble using a 2nd hand marin bobtail trail.Not the latest model but should be as good.Nice light bike ,handles the power with ease

Reactions: Deus

JohnnyBBadd

Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2016
Gloucestershire
Reactions: Deus

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
  • Agree
Reactions: daveboy

Kinninvie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 5, 2013
Teesdale,England
that Cannondale 6 you linked to has 34T chainring. I would be worried that the BBSHD casing may foul against the chainstay.

It has half a mm clearance and a perfect chainline.
The standard 46T chainring does touch the chainstay but the 42T Lekkie ring just scrapes the paint.
A single tap with a hammer was all that was needed to provide full clearance

• Informative
Reactions: Woosh

Deus

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 18, 2014
Dewsbury
I just completed my first build BBSHD Specialized Rock Hopper Expert all went well but thank you for the recommendations above guys.

Reactions: Kinninvie