Which bike should I buy Freego Wren or Kudos Sprint?

Snorkmaiden

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 28, 2016
Bristol
I've been to look at a few electric bikes. The initial ones I was thinking of are too big for me given that I have to attach a Weehoo trailer. I've had a look at folder and was all set to get one then tried the Freego Wren which I loved. I've seen that Kudos do a similar sized bike that also looks good but there are no stockists in my area (Bristol) and I'm very hesitant about buying before I've tried. This is where I'm hoping you'll be able to help me, does anyone own a Wren or Spirit and what do you like about each model. Also I see there are a few technical difference between the two models but I don't really understand what this means so any advice would be gratefully received. I'm planning on getting teh 10amp battery if I get the Wren as I'll be towing the Weehoo for 3 miles on pretty flat, or flat for Bristol, ground. Looking forward to hearing for you all.

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
The Sprint is a more modern design which has some benefits.

The downtube battery is neater and gives a shorter wheelbase which will give the bike better handling, although on a three-mile tootle with a trailer that may not be important to you.

Quoted weight of the Kudos is 4kg less than the Wren.

If both weights are to be believed, you may find the lighter bike much easier to handle when not riding it - mounting, dismounting, when you need to push it for a few metres, etc.

Kudos are usually prepared to send a bike on approval provided certain conditions are met.

Given there are some possible benefits to the Kudos, I would be contacting them to ask about trying one.

• Agree
Reactions: Wisper Bikes

Snorkmaiden

Aug 28, 2016
Bristol
Thanks Rob. As I'm not the most confident cyclist better handling is better for me. Should have added that my total commute is 6 miles, 3 with the Weehoo and 3 with hills one way. Plus I'd like to use it at other times. I'll drop Kudos a a line and see if they can help me. Would you know who is best to contact?

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
Thanks Rob. As I'm not the most confident cyclist better handling is better for me. Should have added that my total commute is 6 miles, 3 with the Weehoo and 3 with hills one way. Plus I'd like to use it at other times. I'll drop Kudos a a line and see if they can help me. Would you know who is best to contact?
Dave owns and runs the business, but he also has trusty minions.

He also posts on here, so will probably reply to this thread.

• Agree
Reactions: Wisper Bikes

5threeone

Pedelecer
Jun 27, 2015
I've been to look at a few electric bikes. The initial ones I was thinking of are too big for me given that I have to attach a Weehoo trailer. I've had a look at folder and was all set to get one then tried the Freego Wren which I loved. I've seen that Kudos do a similar sized bike that also looks good but there are no stockists in my area (Bristol) and I'm very hesitant about buying before I've tried. This is where I'm hoping you'll be able to help me, does anyone own a Wren or Spirit and what do you like about each model. Also I see there are a few technical difference between the two models but I don't really understand what this means so any advice would be gratefully received. I'm planning on getting teh 10amp battery if I get the Wren as I'll be towing the Weehoo for 3 miles on pretty flat, or flat for Bristol, ground. Looking forward to hearing for you all.

5threeone

Pedelecer
Jun 27, 2015
Qwic Smart E folder. 5000 kms in fourteen months. No troubles or let-downs.
Mixture of daily riding, camping tour and shopping expeditions. Splendid bike. RecommendedPyscodlyn 2.JPG 5000.JPG

Kudoscycles

Official Trade Member
Apr 15, 2011
www.kudoscycles.com
Am out in Messalongion , Greece. The Sprint is an ideal bike for you.
The 24 inch wheels and the battery in the low crossbar makes this bike an easy ride.
By the way never seen so many bikes in one town outside Holland,
KudosDave

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
Am out in Messalongion , Greece. The Sprint is an ideal bike for you.
The 24 inch wheels and the battery in the low crossbar makes this bike an easy ride.
By the way never seen so many bikes in one town outside Holland,
KudosDave
Ah, I thought you might be bobbing around on your yacht.

Who are you parked, sorry, berthed, next to this time - Alan Sugar or Roman?

As we all know, the biggest yacht in the marina will belong to Smartebiker.

Although he may not be on it because he has several others to choose from.

Reactions: Croxden

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
SM, one bike that would fit your requirements is the Woosh Petite, 24" wheels, 13AH or 15AH battery, LCD, throttle, pulls very well on hills. You can fit a Weehoo trailer to it.

http://wooshbikes.co.uk/?petite

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
Very similar to the Freego Wren and stocked in Bristol is our Poco. You can try at Atmosphere Electric Bikes in Bristol.

Snorkmaiden

Aug 28, 2016
Bristol
Hi All,thanks for your replies. I'm contacting my nearest Kudos dealer tomorrow to see if they have a Sprint in stock. I really like that is has the bigger battery, which I think will help with the towing and hills in terms of lasting a bit longer. Plus, I'm looking at buying via the Cycle to work scheme so the Sprint comes in under the threshold. Hope you're having a lovely holiday Dave. Bob I went to Atmosphere bikes the other week but didn't see the poco, I'll call them on Tuesday to see if thy have it in stock. I'd rather not have the battery on a rear mount in case it interferes with the Weehoo. I couldn't see anywhere where I could test ride the woosh and Essex is too far for me to go.