which bike

Pylon37

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 2, 2017
Glasgow
Hi all - first time electric bike buyer and really not sure what to get. Looking for something primarily for commuting on canal towpaths but would also like it to be capable of some light off roading. I'm 18 stone so looking for something robust.

I test rode a Cube Reaction with the Bosch CX motor today and quite liked it but at £2k its a lot of money. I also Like the look of the Oxygen which is obviously a hub drive but a good bit cheaper but well reviewed. I'm also wondering whether a rear hub drive conversion for my Giant escape hybrid might be the way to go (not to mention cheaper) - decisions decisions -

Would welcome advise or experiences.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Hello Pylon37,

Take a look at the Woosh Rio FB. It has a powerful Bafang G6 motor, 3" tyres that are quiet on tarmac and still capable off road.
It's not too expensive either.

http://wooshbikes.co.uk/?rio-fb

Tabs

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 1, 2016
Scotland
The Rio FB looks good but if you want to save money and your handy with a spanner you can get a kit for around £500 (probably less if you source the bits and pieces yourself) it's pretty straightforward and if your near the canal around maryhill I can let you see how my own conversion turned out.