Which bikes give the most assistance?

Sue R

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 11, 2018
Hiya
I had a big op and no longer have the energy to cycle but I'm desperate to get back to it so will try ebikes.
Hopefully mainly country parks,some road. I think forest tracks may now be too much for me even with an ebike?
I'm 5ft 2
Light enough to go on a bike rack
Max £2500
I tried a Pinnacle Lithium but it was too much effort for me
After reading this site my hubby reckons zero cadence and no torque sensor are the way to go?
But if so he has no idea which bikes have these
I am willing to compromise on everything if it means I can get back cycling so if the easiest bike to ride is only suitable for tarmac then I'll go with that. Thanks a lot

Fat Rat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 7, 2018
UK
Hi welcome
I’m sure someone will be along shortly with an answer
If not try
Which electric bike should I buy thread
You may have more answers in there as I’ve noticed not everyone posts and looks in here
Good luck with the hunt

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
After reading this site my hubby reckons zero cadence and no torque sensor are the way to go?
almost the Chinese bikes have cadence sensor instead of torque sensor.
They cost around £1,000.
If you have trouble pedaling, you will need a full acting throttle as a backup.
Your problem is your height, you will need the top of the saddle to be low, about 78cm to 80cm at most.
Only a few bikes can go that low.

Kudos Sprint £865:

https://www.kudoscycles.com/product_info.php?cPath=1&products_id=349

My Woosh Petite may be an outside contender:

http://wooshbikes.co.uk/?petite

Sue R

Jun 11, 2018
Thanks guys, I will try those but if I can't get on with them how would I go about getting a throttle?

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Thanks guys, I will try those but if I can't get on with them how would I go about getting a throttle?
Ask Kudos to fit a throttle for you.
The Woosh Petite has already got a right thumb throttle fitted.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
how about a conversion?
you choose the bike you want and get your husband to convert it into electric for you. If you husband does not want to do it, I can arrange for a shop to do it for you. For example, a Pinnacle Lithium or a similar like a Trek 3900 and get it converted with an XF08C kit from me.

Bike: about £350
Kit: £499
Shop convert: £100
Total budget: £950.

something like this would be OK for your height.
https://www.evanscycles.com/trek-3900-disc-2014-mountain-bike-EV194887

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
Hiya
I had a big op and no longer have the energy to cycle but I'm desperate to get back to it so will try ebikes.
Hopefully mainly country parks,some road. I think forest tracks may now be too much for me even with an ebike?
I'm 5ft 2
Light enough to go on a bike rack
Max £2500
I tried a Pinnacle Lithium but it was too much effort for me
But if so he has no idea which bikes have these
I am willing to compromise on everything if it means I can get back cycling so if the easiest bike to ride is only suitable for tarmac then I'll go with that. Thanks a lot
Hi Sue
Trying potential bikes is the only way to go and if you state where you are forum members may be able to advise somewhere close with a good range.
Sarah at Juicy is also 5' 2" and has no difficulty riding either our Poco or any of our Compacts (she broke her hip at the NEC last September). You can find them in many stockists around the country and in our own shops in the Peak District (bikes that is, not broken hips).

Sue R

Jun 11, 2018
I'm in Romford Essex.Do the bikes you mention have zero cadence and no torque sensor as I don't have the energy for a standard ebike?
Thanks

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I am in Southend. Come try a few bikes and enjoy an afternoon at the seaside.

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
I'm in Romford Essex.Do the bikes you mention have zero cadence and no torque sensor as I don't have the energy for a standard ebike?
Thanks
Both the Compacts and Poco use a cadence sensor (turn the pedals with little/no effort). The standard Compact and Poco both have throttles that can be de restricted.
Our nearest stockist is in Dartford.

Sue R

Jun 11, 2018
Thanks for your help, I will be coming to Dartford and Southend. I plan to try a few bikes and hopefully find one that suits me. I'll ring first

Reactions: Jamie82 and Woosh