Which conversion kit for Brompton

Kookie

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 2, 2018
I am sorry to trouble you but you but after scouring the internet for reviews etc and speaking to some of the sellers I throw myself at you feet for advice and help..

I wish to convert my Brompton with an electrical kit which does not affect the fold. I was considerind a Nano of Sparticle. I have then seen the swytch kit which looks good but few reviews.

I would like to use it for various journeys some long i.e. Gravesend to Whitstable. I will pedal but would like it to help me with killer hills. I would not require assistance on flat or gradients unless they were long. Range between 25 or 50 on the battery with my assistance

I should point out I would get the train back from Whitstable

Price is obviously a consideration. However I don't wish to invest in the wrong system

I would truly appreciate your advice and if I have failed to give you enough insight I will answer any questions.

I like to get out and cycle with my friend to the coast but with the distance and especially the terrain it
Can take its toil and stops us from doing the journey and we choose another option i.e. Motorbikes. But I wish to get fitter, love
cycling, love my Brompton and when we go out we are in no rush.When not using system the bike can pedal as near to normal

Once again thanks in advance Kookie

Jonah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2010
EX38
I have an old Sparticle kit, used it for about 4 or 5 years now. Done thousands of miles including touring holidays. I have the most powerful 48v version. It folds as normal but is much heavier with the motor and battery. The latest Sparticle looks to have a number of improvements. I’ve seen the Nano conversions and they look good too. I would go for the lightest kit you can get. I have ordered a Swytch kit to try out but still waiting for delivery. I might be selling my conversion if that is of any interest.

Kookie

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 2, 2018
I have an old Sparticle kit, used it for about 4 or 5 years now. Done thousands of miles including touring holidays. I have the most powerful 48v version. It folds as normal but is much heavier with the motor and battery. The latest Sparticle looks to have a number of improvements. I’ve seen the Nano conversions and they look good too. I would go for the lightest kit you can get. I have ordered a Swytch kit to try out but still waiting for delivery. I might be selling my conversion if that is of any interest.
Thanks for your reply. I will probably go for SWYTCH. I was going to go for the larger battery but think I will opt for the smaller one